AMCAS Application Timeframe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caveat87

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there knows when the AMCAS Application is going to be posted on the website in 2009 and how early applicants can submit it. I think I am going to be out of the country during the 2nd week through the end of June (I may not have access to the internet and/or will be too busy to submit the application during this timeframe).

Furthermore, if this initial application is not submitted right away what kind of impact will it have on my likelihood of being considered for secondary applications? Thanks y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

Furthermore, if this initial application is not submitted right away what kind of impact will it have on my likelihood of being considered for secondary applications? Thanks y'all.

Don't know when it will be up in 2009, but you will still be considered for secondary apps, considering most schools send them to all applicants...its the interviews are selectively handed out :)

-applying in June is obviously the earliest possible...I wouldn't worry about it being the first or second week honesty - it won't make a big difference.

From what I can tell, just waiting a few weeks will definitely not hurt. My only advice is to get your transcripts in early, as that can take a while (at least it did for me). From what I can tell, it's when you're submitting the initial app in October that you fun into problems!

If you really want to have it submitted early though, have a friend submit it for you while you're gone.