• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

caveat87

10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I was wondering if anyone out there knows when the AMCAS Application is going to be posted on the website in 2009 and how early applicants can submit it. I think I am going to be out of the country during the 2nd week through the end of June (I may not have access to the internet and/or will be too busy to submit the application during this timeframe).

Furthermore, if this initial application is not submitted right away what kind of impact will it have on my likelihood of being considered for secondary applications? Thanks y'all.

muggle911

Non-magical member
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Furthermore, if this initial application is not submitted right away what kind of impact will it have on my likelihood of being considered for secondary applications? Thanks y'all.
Don't know when it will be up in 2009, but you will still be considered for secondary apps, considering most schools send them to all applicants...its the interviews are selectively handed out :)

-applying in June is obviously the earliest possible...I wouldn't worry about it being the first or second week honesty - it won't make a big difference.

AdmiralChz

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
Mid-Atlantic
Status
Attending Physician
From what I can tell, just waiting a few weeks will definitely not hurt. My only advice is to get your transcripts in early, as that can take a while (at least it did for me). From what I can tell, it's when you're submitting the initial app in October that you fun into problems!

If you really want to have it submitted early though, have a friend submit it for you while you're gone.

About the Ads