1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AMCAS Application Timeframe

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by caveat87, Dec 2, 2008.

1. caveat87

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was wondering if anyone out there knows when the AMCAS Application is going to be posted on the website in 2009 and how early applicants can submit it. I think I am going to be out of the country during the 2nd week through the end of June (I may not have access to the internet and/or will be too busy to submit the application during this timeframe).

Furthermore, if this initial application is not submitted right away what kind of impact will it have on my likelihood of being considered for secondary applications? Thanks y'all.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. muggle911

muggle911 Non-magical member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Don't know when it will be up in 2009, but you will still be considered for secondary apps, considering most schools send them to all applicants...its the interviews are selectively handed out :)

-applying in June is obviously the earliest possible...I wouldn't worry about it being the first or second week honesty - it won't make a big difference.

4. AdmiralChz

AdmiralChz ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    From what I can tell, just waiting a few weeks will definitely not hurt. My only advice is to get your transcripts in early, as that can take a while (at least it did for me). From what I can tell, it's when you're submitting the initial app in October that you fun into problems!

If you really want to have it submitted early though, have a friend submit it for you while you're gone.