amcas application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momoparadise

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just had a basic question about the applications, but I haven't yet applied (waiting for this cycle). But before that, my issue is that I've graduated a quarter early (last quarter, in March) but my school could not "backdate" my graduation date. So my transcript will still say that my expected term is June 2010. Mind you, this is definitely a technical issue - as I have completed my degree back in March, couldn't get into any classes I wanted anyway, so decided to not spend anymore tuition money and focus on mcats (i am OOS at a state school).

My question to anyone out there, is (1) will this adversely affect my application? I'd imagine any adcom might think it's weird that I'm graduating in June but I stopped taking classes after March. (2) Is there somewhere on the amcas application that I can address this? I don't want the adcom to think any less of my application due to some small technical error.

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely a non-issue. I'm sure many students are in the same situation as you. I don't think it will look "weird" to adcoms. They may be curious what you are doing during this time. If you're doing something productive, write about it in the activities section of the application. This could also come up during the interviews. But definitely NOT a negative thing.

Sometimes a graduation date is deferred for insignificant technical reasons, like need ing to finish something up in a lab, an assignment not turned in due to a (forgivable) reason, like illness, a prof traveling fails to submit grades on time. Don't worry about it, just be busy some other way.