Amcas before mcat...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scotties123

GrandMacDaddy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im not taking my mcat until aug 20, but im aiming at attending med school in fall 08. should i just submit amcas as soon as possible and just have my mcats sent out when they come in? would this help at all, or would it be pointless because of my late mcat? im just worried that by taking aug 20 mcat ill be screwed wen it comes time for med schools to review applicants. i have a 3.9ish science gpa and 3.74 overall with the usual hospital volunteer stuff. thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say, yes go ahead and send your AMCAS out before your test. It definitely can't hurt, and if I remember correctly, it takes a little bit for it to process before it actually gets sent to schools.
Good luck on the MCAT, and don't worry so much about applying late - yes, it will put you at a slight disadvantage, but if you do as well on your MCAT as you did during your undergrad years, you should be just fine (that's a pretty kick-ass GPA)