Future MCAT Test Date AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

loadingboat5643

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. Hoping for some advice on how best to fill out the AMCAS test score sections. I have already taken the MCAT and am currently debating retaking the exam at end of June to score better and be more competitive at top ranked schools. Either way, I will apply this cycle with or without a retaken exam. Retaking the exam will be a last minute decision as to whether or not I am confident that I can score better than the first test as I do not want to tank my chances by scoring lower or the same. Is it better to enter in AMCAS to expect a future test date or leave it blank? The logic being if I tell them to expect it and I do not retake I will look foolish. On the other hand, if I do not warn them I am retaking, I make have to reach out individually to let them I have retaken the exam and to expect a future score?

For reference, my AMCAS will be ready to submit within the first week of opening to speed up the verification process. I am only listing 1 school to start and will later add more schools based on whether I retake or not. Any advice would be helpful!