Amcas box for August Mcat, and Secondary apps.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcqueen81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone, i am a reapplicant with just a couple of questions. In a different thread i read that if you check the box in the amcas app. stating you are taking the august mcat, that your primary app. won't get looked at until the aug. scores are released. I have old scores from last year 2005 that i can sumbit the amcas with, but they are not so hot - 23N. Should i go ahead and check the box stating that i am taking the aug. mcat?

Secondly, if the app. doesn't get looked at until late october how soon after do u think i will start to see secondary apps. coming in?

Thanks for any help :)

Members don't see this ad.

mcqueen81 said:
hello everyone, i am a reapplicant with just a couple of questions. In a different thread i read that if you check the box in the amcas app. stating you are taking the august mcat, that your primary app. won't get looked at until the aug. scores are released. I have old scores from last year 2005 that i can sumbit the amcas with, but they are not so hot - 23N. Should i go ahead and check the box stating that i am taking the aug. mcat?

Secondly, if the app. doesn't get looked at until late october how soon after do u think i will start to see secondary apps. coming in?

Thanks for any help :)

Did you take the mcat in April? It depends on the school and what your scores are. Some schools may send you a secondary, but some may hold your application until August scores are released. I reaplied last year and some schools didn't send me a secondary until august mcats were released. Other scores sent me a secondary and then put my app on hold until mcats were released. I had interviews in December and January. Just make sure your letters of recomendation are ready to be sent in because that holds people up alot. But generally if you didn't do well on a previous mcat I would definitely let them know I'm retaking it. Good luck to you!!!

The last time i took the mcat was august of 2005, and i got a 23N. This is why i want to take it again in august 2006. Last time i applied and received secondaries from Howard Univ., Meharry, and all of my osteopathic schools.