AMCAS bug?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

brandonite

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just working on my AMCAS, under post-secondary experiences. When I went to alter a few of mine from last year, it didn't save the changes! For example, I have been a TA for three years now. My AMCAS had my comments saved from last year, and I went to add one more sentence to it, clicked next, and then when I would preview it or look at it again, that sentence would be gone.

Has this happened to any other reapplicants? I would do a search, but search is down... I will get around it by deleting all of the ones I need to change and readding them, but it seems like a pain...
 
it was posted before (you're right), but no big deal to recap.... you have to press "save" at the top of the screen in order for it to save the changes (don't ask me why, though!!)... good luck!
 
I found that even pressing "save" didn't do it for me... I ended up completely deleting the experience and recreating it. IT sucked, but I had written the description text in Word, so all it took was some cutting and pasting.

BTW, I'd highly recommend writing the text for EC's in Word. AMCAS has no spell check 🙁

Hope that helps!