Amcas college entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Itisnottoolate

M2
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I input college history for the same school but taken many years apart.
This is how I did it. Correct me if I am wrong.

I took classes at a CC before I started a university where I received my Bachelor's in 2008. I made a college entry with the year I took classes there initially and marked it as undergrad.

I recently took classes there again, so I made a new entry for the college and put post-bacc. Does this seem correct?

Members don't see this ad.

I only put one entry per school. When you enter the specific classes it requires dates that you took them

Reactions: 1 user
How do I input college history for the same school but taken many years apart.
This is how I did it. Correct me if I am wrong.

I took classes at a CC before I started a university where I received my Bachelor's in 2008. I made a college entry with the year I took classes there initially and marked it as undergrad.

I recently took classes there again, so I made a new entry for the college and put post-bacc. Does this seem correct?

I was in the same situation with my CC. You only enter each college once, with dates from the first semester you were enrolled there until the most recent. When you enter courses, you will have to select each semester individually. You just don’t enter anything for the semesters you weren’t enrolled in courses at that school. I’m pretty sure no one will even blink; traditional students have this situation too. (My summer semester o-chem lab partner went somewhere else during fall/spring and took extra classes closer to home in the summer.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the same situation with my CC. You only enter each college once, with dates from the first semester you were enrolled there until the most recent. When you enter courses, you will have to select each semester individually. You just don’t enter anything for the semesters you weren’t enrolled in courses at that school. I’m pretty sure no one will even blink; traditional students have this situation too. (My summer semester o-chem lab partner went somewhere else during fall/spring and took extra classes closer to home in the summer.)
Thank you. so should I mark it as undergraduate or postbacc?

Thank you. so should I mark it as undergraduate or postbacc?

Hmm. I think you mark that by semester too. Let me check my old app and see what I did.

OK, I looked at my old application. You have to choose what kind of program you attended in the college section, and I chose undergrad for the CC where I started my degree and then returned after I got my BA (and postbacc for the different CC I got my paramedic license from). When you enter classes, you have to say what year you were in at that time, based on how many credits you'd earned at that point (so first 30 credits are freshman credits, next 30 are sophomore, etc.). For the semesters after your degree was granted, you just enter postbacc in that section. Some of mine were off a little off (I may have lost track among my 257 credit hours), but they adjusted it when they verified my transcripts.

Thank you for taking the time to look. So I just put the community college once even though I did undergraduate and then post bacc at the same place? Then maybe they will fix when it is verified?

Thank you for taking the time to look. So I just put the community college once even though I did undergraduate and then post bacc at the same place? Then maybe they will fix when it is verified?

I think you have to make two entries for your community college. I had the same question and called AAMC. They told me to put my school down twice. Once for when I did my undergrad and then again for when I did my post bacc. However, you have to mark your post bacc entry as not needing a transcript with the exception of "multiple degree or consortium".

Maybe it doesn't really matter how we enter it. But if you're not sure about something and need a quick response you can also call AAMC to verify. They're pretty helpful.

The poster above me is correct. If you took classes during your undergrad there and then again after getting your bachelors, you have to list it twice. Once as a junior college and once as a postbacc. That’s per the application guide and the amcas people. You might get lucky and get away with listing it once, but it’s not hard to list it twice, so why risk it?

The poster above me is correct. If you took classes during your undergrad there and then again after getting your bachelors, you have to list it twice. Once as a junior college and once as a postbacc. That’s per the application guide and the amcas people. You might get lucky and get away with listing it once, but it’s not hard to list it twice, so why risk it?
Thank you. Do I only send in one transcript for the two entries?