AMCAS commit to enroll question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peepq

Reaction score
Hello! I have currently selected 'plan to enroll' for a school and am on two other waitlists. However, my commit to enroll deadline for the school I got into is sometime mid-June and the schools I've been waitlisted at have told me that they keep making decisions until the start of school for them (August). I'm just wondering if it would be appropriate to email the admissions office and ask if they could look at my application again before mid-June because those schools would be a better fit for me. I just don't want to withdraw from the waitlists before they even look at my application again.

I've already sent update letters and such to the schools I'm waitlisted at.

TL;DR should/can I email admissions offices and see if they'll look at my application sooner because the commit to enroll deadline for the school I was accepted at is fast approaching?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I have currently selected 'plan to enroll' for a school and am on two other waitlists. However, my commit to enroll deadline for the school I got into is sometime mid-June and the schools I've been waitlisted at have told me that they keep making decisions until the start of school for them (August). I'm just wondering if it would be appropriate to email the admissions office and ask if they could look at my application again before mid-June because those schools would be a better fit for me. I just don't want to withdraw from the waitlists before they even look at my application again.

TL;DR should/can I email admissions offices and see if they'll look at my application sooner because the commit to enroll deadline for the school I was accepted at is fast approaching?

I wouldn't since you have already sent update letters. Are the WLs ranked? If yes, contacting them probably won't change your rank. If it's unranked, I suppose it couldn't hurt, but I still wouldn't.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

This is quite a common question since the new system, which is still pretty new. I would imagine reaffirming interest is a good thing. That being said, all schools know about these deadlines, and I'm not sure reiterating it will change their decisions. Perhaps their processes build in this knowledge? However, I agree, can't hurt!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users