AMCAS Complete, but wait to submit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tylerh87

Working Hard
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all-i sent my transcripts in at the end of may, and I have my application complete, yet waiting for submission. I blew my first MCAT (20P) and retook it on 10 July, and am waiting on the results. So my question is: Should I go ahead and submit? I am really concerned that some schools will screen me out based on my first MCAT score. I want them to at least see my 2nd one. It will be available August 12th. Any advice? I really don't know what to do...but I want to give myself the best chance possible. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

you can submit it with one school and when you get your score, add schools that would likely interview you based on your score. it will take 4+ weeks to get verified, so i recommend at least putting your application in line. once you get your score, add a bunch of schools and it will be the same as adding them and THEN submitting, but you'll be much further ahead in line.

i should also add that unless you expect to get a score above a 28, you probably will not have much luck this cycle, applying this late. it's a bit of a generalization, but more likely than not going to be your case.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think wait for your score...because if it's really low you'll have wasted a lot of money

i should also add that unless you expect to get a score above a 28, you probably will not have much luck this cycle, applying this late. it's a bit of a generalization, but more likely than not going to be your case.

It won't be too late to get attention. Rather, it will be that MCAT score that will be the issue unless there are significant extenuating circumstances.

Even if your application were to be verified before your scores posted (which is highly unlikely at this point), as long as you have listed on your AMCAS that you took another MCAT, schools will wait for your new scores before evaluating your app. I'm not sure if EVERY school operates this way, but the majority do. If you're waiting for scores to decide where to apply then just add one school, submit, and add the others once you have your scores. good luck!