AMCAS Contact Information slip-up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JH6644

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my mistake. I was reviewing my AMCAS application for my committee interview that is coming soon and I noticed that I had failed to update the contact person for one of my activities. I had placed myself as the contact as a placeholder but I had failed to go back in and change it to the actual contact. I'm already submitted so what would be the best course of action going forward?

1. Whenever secondaries ask for additional comments section should I add a short explanation and the contact person in a footnote at the end. This would be good to get the information to them but would also point them right to my mistake.

2. Keep the updated contact information ready and let them know if it comes up over any interviews.

3. Accept my fate and withdraw my application. Wallow in my sorrows and reapply to the Carrib. next year.

Members don't see this ad.

Here's my mistake. I was reviewing my AMCAS application for my committee interview that is coming soon and I noticed that I had failed to update the contact person for one of my activities. I had placed myself as the contact as a placeholder but I had failed to go back in and change it to the actual contact. I'm already submitted so what would be the best course of action going forward?

1. Whenever secondaries ask for additional comments section should I add a short explanation and the contact person in a footnote at the end. This would be good to get the information to them but would also point them right to my mistake.

2. Keep the updated contact information ready and let them know if it comes up over any interviews.

3. Accept my fate and withdraw my application. Wallow in my sorrows and reapply to the Carrib. next year.
It depends on how critical the activity is to the success of your application. If you judge it so, then use option #1, but just say "Update to Contact information for my [xxxx] activity: Juan Mendoza, PhD, Principal Investigator, can be reached at [email protected]

Where Secondary prompts aren't appropriate to mention a correction, email schools and ask if you can send them a correction for an activity contact.

For those remaining, use option #2 or wait until the Admissions Office emails you for a better contact.

If, OTOH, you judge the activity to be less essential to your success, like say, membership in a rock climbing group, don't worry about making a correction.

Reactions: 1 user