AMCAS Course list: Did you list "current/future?" ones?

str8flexed

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I understand that I can add courses that I plan to take my senior year and check the box for "current/future"--did any of you do this?

It had never occurred to me, but perhaps it would look good if I had some higher level classes lined up for next year and they saw I was planning to take them.

CheerfulEnergy

10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
The Hoosier State
Status (Visible)
Yes, I did....I called AMCAS, and they said that it's fine to list future courses, and it's understood that you will be taking a regular courseload even if, for example, you only list biochem for the fall semester.

About the Ads

heeseop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i listed the pre-req courses that i will be completing next semester (since some schools don't accept AP :( ).
you should probably be safe and only list the courses that you're sure on taking.

spygal

10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
I think any additional info you give about future plans can only help. For me, I listed two classes I'm planning on taking this fall, mainly because I've been finished with school for a couple of years and wanted to show that I still have some interest in learning.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.