AMCAS Course list: Did you list "current/future?" ones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

str8flexed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand that I can add courses that I plan to take my senior year and check the box for "current/future"--did any of you do this?

It had never occurred to me, but perhaps it would look good if I had some higher level classes lined up for next year and they saw I was planning to take them.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I did....I called AMCAS, and they said that it's fine to list future courses, and it's understood that you will be taking a regular courseload even if, for example, you only list biochem for the fall semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
i listed the pre-req courses that i will be completing next semester (since some schools don't accept AP :( ).
you should probably be safe and only list the courses that you're sure on taking.

I think any additional info you give about future plans can only help. For me, I listed two classes I'm planning on taking this fall, mainly because I've been finished with school for a couple of years and wanted to show that I still have some interest in learning.