amcas essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kweekes80

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read alot of posts and comments where people say to put in this essay why you would make a good doctor, best qualities, etc

There is a single question in the application, "why do you want to go to medical school," there isn't even anything in the "what information should I include" link that would suggest that anything like this should be included.

Is this essay strictly a single prompt (why you want to go to medical school) or is there some "unwritten rule" that everybody's got to also include reasons why they would be a good doctor, and/or any other additional information which is off point and does not answer the question.

see what i'm saying? any help would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I've read alot of posts and comments where people say to put in this essay why you would make a good doctor, best qualities, etc

There is a single question in the application, "why do you want to go to medical school," there isn't even anything in the "what information should I include" link that would suggest that anything like this should be included.

Is this essay strictly a single prompt (why you want to go to medical school) or is there some "unwritten rule" that everybody's got to also include reasons why they would be a good doctor, and/or any other additional information which is off point and does not answer the question.

see what i'm saying? any help would be appreciated

An adcom told me you want to answer two questions, "Why medicine?" and "Why me?".

Members don't see this ad :)
An adcom told me you want to answer two questions, "Why medicine?" and "Why me?".

Good advice. In general, you're trying to highlight your prior experiences and reasoning to convince someone that you would fit into medicine and their school.