AMCAS Experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docshepherd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should they be listed in chronological order, or in the order of importance to you? What did you guys do?

Also, did you use the 1200-character comments with each experience to go in-depth and explain what it meant to you, or just to describe it?

Members don't see this ad.

You can input your activities in any order you like, but AMCAS will arrange them so that the appear chronologically.

The answer to your second question is debatable. A certain adcom member on this site says to keep 'em short and simple. You can do a search on this.

docshepherd said:
Should they be listed in chronological order, or in the order of importance to you? What did you guys do?

Also, did you use the 1200-character comments with each experience to go in-depth and explain what it meant to you, or just to describe it?
After you submit, your experiences are automatically switched around so they are in chronological order...so dont worry about it. And you'll get differing opinions about how much to write so just use your best judgment. Say what you feel needs to be said, whether a lot or a little, and leave it at that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we expected to enter a contact person (with their title) for EVERY experience?? Do schools actually contact these people from time to time??

docshepherd said:
Are we expected to enter a contact person (with their title) for EVERY experience?? Do schools actually contact these people from time to time??

i don't think they would contact anyone.. you don't even put the telephone # down or anything..
but i still put a contact person down wherever applicable..

I have more than 15 activities I would like to list... how should i narrow it down?

matriculated friends have told me to be short and to the point w/descriptions... the people reviewing our primaries already have enough to read. good luck!