AMCAS format...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drumming207

Sucka Foo
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, this is kind of a stupid question-- how do you indent in the personal statement section of the AMCAS app? I have tried just spacing with the space bar and it doesn't work. Is it ok to space one line between paragraphs so that the whole PS is not one huge paragraph?

Drumming

Members don't see this ad.

Thats what I did. :)

thanks uclaman, i appreciate your time...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
.......I apparently didn't look the my personal comments section of the audit very well. I did not notice until just now that the spaces I made did not show up. I really hope they show up for the schools, just not on the audit. Otherwise, I have a huge blob of an essay. :mad:

they do show up when med schools read them - i saw a print out at my interview and though they didn't when i printed it out - the guy had a perfectly formatted version.

whew. thanks for the info.

Originally posted by jot
they do show up when med schools read them - i saw a print out at my interview and though they didn't when i printed it out - the guy had a perfectly formatted version.

hmm.... maybe that guy also inserted an extra space to create that format?

Originally posted by jot

jot, did you just space 5 times for indents? even though the indents don't show up when I print it out, it will still come out ok?

avutally i just hit a hard return between paragraphs instead of indenting - for example

Words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words.

Words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words.

just so people know what "hard returns" are;)
it takes up 2 characters.

-jot

So Jot's AMCAS essay came out perfectly formatted. What a surprise! :rolleyes: :)

I think his nickname should be Mary Poppins. Perfectly wonderful in every way.

Just kidding. I love Jot. He is going to cure cancer one of these days, and I am sure I am going to need his treatment.

Originally posted by jot
avutally i just hit a hard return between paragraphs instead of indenting - for example

just so people know what "hard returns" are;)
it takes up 2 characters.

-jot

yup this is exactly what I did. it came up fine in my print version also. take THAT jot! :laugh:

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
yup this is exactly what I did. it came up fine in my print version also. take THAT jot! :laugh:

same here.

Me too! And this was last year!! You guys have no idea how hard it was last year getting anything to work perfectly!!! :D