1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

AMCAS - future courses

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jochi1543, May 4, 2007.

1. jochi1543

jochi1543 President, Gunner Central
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Hey all, I'll be enrolling into a new university this fall for my post-bac, and I was gonna enter the courses into AMCAS, since I will be taking a few pre-reqs there, too. However, registration won't open till July, so while I know which courses I WANT to register in outside of the pre-reqs (of which I will only be taking 2, and the full courseload is 5 courses, which leaves 3), I don't know whether I can get into all of them since I'm not in any program per se. So, should I ONLY enter the pre-reqs I intend on taking? Or should I enter the other 3 courses I'd like to take, even though in reality I might end up taking different ones if things don't work out?
    Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. speedyE

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was in a similar situation last year. List the courses you plan on taking as that is exactly what the section is for. You'll be taking a full load, so list out what your ideal schedule would be. Future classes are not binding and everyone in the admissions process knows that people change their minds.

It's just good to give the schools an idea of what you will be doing with your time and if you still need to, that you will satisfy any remaining pre-reqs before matriculation.