AMCAS HIPAA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YaYa's

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have already submitted my primary application, but I am worried about one of my activities that I wrote about. It was volunteering with individuals with mental disabilities. I used an individual's first name to talk about my experiences, which weren't at all medically related. I didn't disclose any medical information, but just talked about spending time with him. Is this anything to be worried about? If so should I contact amcas or the schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't contact AMCAS and I think you should be fine, since you didn't disclose any further info besides speaking with this person

Reactions: 1 user
You spoke with Dave who is mentally disabled. that sort of thing is not going to be a big deal. It could happen that someone who knows Dave who is associated with that place (e.g. my neighbor is Dave's mom and I know that Dave goes to that center and I read your application and I say, "oh, this person talked with Dave! What a small world!") but I would not think that is a big deal as long as you are respectful.

Reactions: 1 users