amcas in the secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicksain

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey

for alot of secondary questions they want you to tell them about what've you've done and/or are planning after graduation (if you've graduated).

If you've talked about some of them in detail in amcas, should you just say "I did bla h blah blah, as described in amcas" or "I did blah blha blah (great detail overlapping amcas" or just "I did blah (no detail and just assume they read your amcas"

thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

nicksain said:
hey

for alot of secondary questions they want you to tell them about what've you've done and/or are planning after graduation (if you've graduated).

If you've talked about some of them in detail in amcas, should you just say "I did bla h blah blah, as described in amcas" or "I did blah blha blah (great detail overlapping amcas" or just "I did blah (no detail and just assume they read your amcas"

thanks for the help

No, redescribe what you did. You want to make adcoms live's as easy as possible. They shouldn't have to look somewhere other than your secondary for the answer to their secondary questions.

Yea. I'm getting so tired of all the redescribing it makes me want to stick my pen in my eye, and scribble.
This is the thing though, they ask you the same things over and over, it gets so frustrating and I feel as if my essays are losing quality because I'm just repeating myself in different ways. They begin to sound really ******ed. Ughhh. I guess it's just at that point where I have a ton of half-finished secondaries and feel like I'm behind, but I still have to write the 'tell us how your background makes you diverse, etc' for about 6 schools.
::sigh::

Members don't see this ad :)
nicksain said:
hey

thanks for the help

Here is another chance to re-enlighten adcoms about how wonderful you are. Take the opportunity to spread some self-love :laugh: Yeah, I know its hard....

-PG

Make it easy for all of us and just don't do secondaries at all.

You're welcome.