AMCAS mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Myrridith

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a problem. For one of my activities I accidentally put May 2012 to May 2012 instead of May 2013. What do I do now? I am already verified!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess you just have to live with it and hope that they recognize it as a mistake. I accidentally listed a research grant with a date 5 months before I joined my lab. :(

Most secondaries have a place where you can send updated info... you can write a little note saying what happened, and just send it in with your secondaries. One of my contact's email got cutoff my AMCAS (too long??), so I've been sending schools the correct email address with my secondaries. They've all thanked me for the updated info. This might be your best bet? Good luck!

I accidentally put "till present" instead of a year before, so it seemed like i woekd there an extra year and was still doing it.

the interviewer asked me about it, i said oopsy that was a mistake, they said oopsy, you're rejected

just kidding, got accepted, don't sweat it but this is why you don't re-read your amcas after you submit, causes all sorts of stress

Most secondaries have a place where you can send updated info... you can write a little note saying what happened, and just send it in with your secondaries. One of my contact's email got cutoff my AMCAS (too long??), so I've been sending schools the correct email address with my secondaries. They've all thanked me for the updated info. This might be your best bet? Good luck!

Ah! Thank you! I have been debating whether to include it with my secondaries or in a separate email. I'll do that

I accidentally put "till present" instead of a year before, so it seemed like i woekd there an extra year and was still doing it.

the interviewer asked me about it, i said oopsy that was a mistake, they said oopsy, you're rejected

just kidding, got accepted, don't sweat it but this is why you don't re-read your amcas after you submit, causes all sorts of stress

haha! So true! I'm kind of angry cause I literally went through my AMCAS at least 20 times before submitting. But I guess things like that happen. :) Thanks for the reassuring anecdote. And congrats!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: