1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AMCAS not transmitted yet?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by summer1, Sep 29, 2002.

1. summer1

summer1 New Member

Hi, I'm new to SDN, and I have found it to be extremely helpful! I'm wondering why two of the schools I'm applying to have not had my AMCAS transmitted to them yet...my application was verified towards the beginning of the month. Is this common? I'm curious about this, b/c I have received secondaries from these schools, and one of them is a school that does not mail out a secondary until you are verified.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy
    7+ Year Member

I believe that they must transmit before they verify because the University of Cincinnati had my app a couple days after I submitted it (I received an email saying so) but I wasn't verified for a couple of weeks. I had actually already submitted the secondary and they were asking for my LOR's before I was verified.

4. summer1

summer1 New Member

I called AMCAS, and it turns out that some schools receive paper copies of our application. When that happens, the transmission date does not appear on the web application.

If anyone else has had the same isse, I hope that helps:)

5. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    so let me get this straight....

1-- application is submitted to AMCAS.

2-- application sent to schools listed.

3-- schools send secondaries.

4-- application varified by AMCAS

5-- interview (if you make it this far)

is this correct? it's my first time applying and i feel like i'm sooooo behind because i transmitted my app in mid sept. and it's "in line to be varified"
    just hoping for some reassurance i guess.
    thanks
    streetdoc

6. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you've almost got the order down, streetdoc. let me tweak it a bit...

1)Submit AMCAS. Application is "in line to be processed"

2) preliminary info sent to schools you're applying to (address, mact score if available, major... basic demographic info) AMCAS periodically updates the info as your app gets verified, so the transmission date to schools on the first page of the AMCAS keeps changing. Once your application has been checked against your official transcripts, your app will be verified. You don't receive any kind of notification saying your app has been verified. Caveat: some schools (MCP/Drexel for instance), are only receiving paper copies from the AMCAS gods. There won't be a transmission date for these schools, but they'll still send you secondaries.

3) Most schools send you secondaries just based on the preliminary info (your address). Some schools screen applications before sending secondaries and will wait for your entire file to be processed and verified before sending you an application.

4) If schools like your secondary and LORs, they'll send you an invitation for an interview. Some schools only want you to send LORs if they ask for them, but most want them before you'll be considered for an interview. An exception to this is Vanderbilt, which screens for interviews based solely on your AMCAS.

5) You get accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. But I'm sure you already knew that part.:)

hope this helps :)

7. nero

nero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

same thing happened to me with cinnci.............i've received 7 secondaries, without beign verfiied.......i sent in my amcas on 9/3 and transcripts received 9/16............i'm just donig the seconareis adn sending them in...once mcats and verfication are done, interviews will come a lot earlier than if you wait.

8. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    so i should start seeing "transmitted" on the ones that get electronic AMCAS shortly after sending my app to AMCAS?
    and maybe be getting secondaries a couple weeks after submission?

but to get an interview, the schools will wait for it to be varified?
    i think i see.
    thanks so much....maybe i'm not as behind as i think :)
    any body know anything about univ of south carolina or the west virginia schools?

streetdoc

9. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door

Attending Physician
    I would think that you can expect secondaries about a month after you submitted your AMCAS. I'm really not sure how backed up they are now-- I submitted my AMCAS in June and was completely processed and verified in about 10 days. I've gotten most of my secondaries, but I'm still waiting on some schools that screen AMCAS. But yes, schools will wait til your application is verified (and your secondary and LORs are in) before offering you an interview. I have no idea about SC or WV schools, so no help from me on that one. ;)

10. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you waiting on MCAT scores , sweet tea?
    to which schools are you applying? and where did you do undergrad?
    streetdoc

11. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door

Attending Physician
    streetdoc-- i sent you a PM

12. brownemily22

brownemily22 Member
    7+ Year Member

when i log into amcas, my application is just marked as 'active'. nothing about transmitted to specific schools or anything. am i not going to the right place? i submitted a few weeks ago.

13. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

When you go into "print aplication" section, transmission dates are in the list of schools.