AMCAS Personal Statement - Date Mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bestindawest

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I feel as if I just made the dumbest mistake ever on my AMCAS personal statement. I incorrectly typed in the date for something as January 2012 when it should have been January 2013... This was after proofing the essay about 9-10 times (mostly looking for grammar and content - not dates).

I am pretty frustrated at the moment. I understand that once the application is submitted, there is nothing that can be done to change the essays. Am I out of luck here? Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like that is a minor issue and would probably be overlooked by many reviewing your app.

I don't really see a need to resolve it, other than to calm your mind down. It's trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't even notice. Even if it's something that is listed in work/activities with the correct date, they're different sections of the app, and it's not like a committee member who needs to read 30+ apps in a day is going to be flipping back and forth verifying that your dates in your PS match the dates in work/experiences.

AKA you're fine, don't bring it up, move on.

Well thanks for the reassurance guys.

The date is in reference to a ski injury that I experienced, and I made note that the semester afterwards my GPA took a rough hit. Turns out the semester after the incorrect date I wrote was stellar, but a whole year later (the semester after the correct date) is where the problem was. Hopefully they realize this and it is no big deal like you all are saying.