AMCAS primary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yenisha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my primary yesterday (late i know), does AMCAS send anything in the mail verifying GPA, et al and if so when?

Members don't see this ad.

I just submitted my primary yesterday (late i know), does AMCAS send anything in the mail verifying GPA, et al and if so when?

They'll drop you an email when they have finished the verification process. Also, you can check the status online. It generally takes around 3-4 weeks.

Hang tight! ;)

I'm not 100% sure I'm understanding your question, but if you're asking if you'll be notified when you're verified, then yes. You'll get emails when your transcripts are acknowledged by AMCAS (assuming they aren't already there), and you'll get another email when your application has been verified. At that point, you can get on the website and look at your official GPA's on your application. It took me about 4 1/2 weeks to be verified when I submitted in early August, so I'm guessing it will be at least that long for people submitting now. Good luck, and I hope I helped! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not 100% sure I'm understanding your question, but if you're asking if you'll be notified when you're verified, then yes. You'll get emails when your transcripts are acknowledged by AMCAS (assuming they aren't already there), and you'll get another email when your application has been verified. At that point, you can get on the website and look at your official GPA's on your application. It took me about 4 1/2 weeks to be verified when I submitted in early August, so I'm guessing it will be at least that long for people submitting now. Good luck, and I hope I helped! :)

Thanks to you, and spicedmanna.
I'm asking this because I have some relatives at my house who are "staying over" for what seems like indefinately. This relatives are my elders who like to go through mail, particularly mine. I do not want them picking on and scrutinizing my GPA. I just wanted to be sure that nothing regarding my AMCAS will be arriving in the SNAILMAIL.

Thanks to you, and spicedmanna.
I'm asking this because I have some relatives at my house who are "staying over" for what seems like indefinately. This relatives are my elders who like to go through mail, particularly mine. I do not want them picking on and scrutinizing my GPA. I just wanted to be sure that nothing regarding my AMCAS will be arriving in the SNAILMAIL.

Ahhh, I gotcha. No worries there! :) gotta love the nosy relatives.