Late primary submission AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stevie554

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You will get interviews later on but besides that I think you are fine. People on here will say this is super late but I don't think its a big deal

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

I submitted my primary application July 9th. I plan to pre-write most of my secondaries and ill have CASPER completed by next week.

Did I submit the primary too late and will it negatively impact my application in any way? Ive seen interviews already being sent out for some schools so I was panicking. I most likely wont be verified until August. Also how competitive are my Stats/ECs?

Stats

White male nontraditional Illinois resident
Bachelors in Nursing
GPA: 3.83 (4.0 Postbacc I did 1 year of classes extra for prereqs)
sGPA: 4.0
MCAT: 508
5000 hours clinical work CVICU nurse
1000 hours non clinical volunteering at a church over 3 years
1000 hours clinical volunteering in a internal medicine clinic over 3.5 years
200 hours shadowing 2 doctors (IM and Urology)
500 hours (8 months) Research Andrology Laboratory
5 LORs 1 doc 3 professors 1 lab director

Thank you!!
You're not late. If you chose your schools appropriately, you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
There are posts on here every year from students applying that seem to suggest that submitting any time after June 1st will tank your whole application cycle. To those people, July is "super late".

Reactions: 1 users
There are posts on here every year from students applying that seem to suggest that submitting any time after June 1st will tank your whole application cycle. To those people, July is "super late".
I know... I'm just pointing out the experienced and experts have a much different opinion. And we are people too.;)

• Love
The blind leading the blind, haha. I'm glad that although you heard that you asked for clarity instead of taking it to heart AND completely panicking or experiencing prolonged unnecessary stress. Kudos!

I know... I'm just pointing out the experienced and experts have a much different opinion. And we are people too.;)
Oh, I don't disagree. I think at least half of my time spent each year is convincing students that submitting mid-June or early July with a strong application is much, much better than submitting June 1st with a weaker one.

Oh, I don't disagree. I think at least half of my time spent each year is convincing students that submitting mid-June or early July with a strong application is much, much better than submitting June 1st with a weaker one.
Absolutely: strong and early is generally better than strong not early OR early not strong.