AMCAS Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caffeinated

Army Strong
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a few problems with my AMCAS application. First, my essay will not indent! It's all one big jumble with no paragraph breaks. Second, it won't seem to let me accept any changes in my post-secondary experiences ever since I selected the print application option to view it. I have NOT certified or transmitted yet, but it still won't accept my changes. Everything reverts back to the way I had it before.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

caffeinated-
i have some advice for you regarding your essay. Leave it exactly the way it appears on the personal essay section, but after each paragraph, hit enter twice. That way your different paragraphs will be distinguished. As for the indentation, 'relatively prime' said to enter the command <DD> in front of each paragraph to make it appear indented. I personally will not do that because who knows if the adcoms see this command even if it doesn't appear in the print section? It's okay if it isn't indented on the print version. As long as it looks okay in that section, you're fine!

1. You don't need indentations. A break between each paragraph will do. (by hitting enter twice)
2. I think I ran across that same problem. What I had to do was after a change to each experience, I hit the "save" button. Hitting the "next" button will not save it anymore after you print your app (for some strange reason).

Hope this helps! If not, I apologize.

actually,
after hitting next, my changed were saved even on the printed version. i hope it works for you!