SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS processing by mid-September????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by moo, Jul 19, 2001.

1. moo

moo 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Guys, I just got this email from Washington U, check it out:

Thank you for designating that your application be sent to Washington University in St. Louis, School of Medicine. Based on the current rate of development of AMCAS 2002, we do not expect to be able to process applications submitted via AMCAS 2002 before mid-September.

For this reason, we have created the following options that will accelerate your application to Washington University in St. Louis, School of Medicine:

1. Any applicant (including those who have initiated an AMCAS 2002 application) can submit an on-line Direct Application to Washington University School of Medicine. The Direct Application can be found at:
    http://applydirectmed.wustl.edu

2. Those applicants who have been successful in submitting an AMCAS 2002 application, may submit a paper copy of their AMCAS 2002 application. Send the copy of the AMCAS 2002 application to:

Washington University School of Medicine
    Office of Admissions
    660 S. Euclid, Campus Box 8107
    St. Louis, MO 63110-1093

The Supplemental Application and Certification Form necessary for completing an application to Washington University School of Medicine also are available on-line at the web address that is listed above along with detailed instructions.

Completing our Direct Application to Washington University School of Medicine and Supplemental Application and Certification Form will allow us to begin to process your application now. If you have questions about these options or application procedures, contact us at:

[email protected]

Thank you for your interest in Washington University Medical School.

W. Edwin Dodson, MD
    Associate Vice Chancellor and Associate Dean for
    Admissions and Continuing Medical Education
    Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology
    Washington University in St. Louis, School of Medicine
    660 South Euclid, Campus Box 8077
    St. Louis, MO 63110-1093

Mid-September????? Does that mean that they EXPECT transmission from AMCAS by then? What happened to July 15? Geeze...

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned Banned

Nov 5, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Yeah I hear you its a mess.

I thought at one point about just asking the schools to completely bypass the AMCAS electronic submission and just let us print out copies of the AMCAS app and send everything to them.

Some of the schools have started doing this, but my impression is that they are still also going to wait for the AMCAS electronic submission.

Thats very unfortunate from the point of view that AMCAS will not be required to give us a refund if they do indeed submit electronically, no matter how long that takes to occur. Even if they dont transmit until mid November and all of us completely go around AMCAS, they can still say that there are no written guarantees and they held up to their end of the bargain, it was just later than usual.

So basically whats probably going to happen is that we will end up not really using AMCAS at all, but still be required to shell out money ($900 in my case) to AMCAS.

4. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2000
    Virginia
    Can anyone in AMCAS spell class action law suit???????????????

5. moo

moo 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 4, 2000
    I didn't really check out Wash U's website till now. It looks like they've dedicated a whole new domain name/server (I'm computer illiterate, sorry, but you get my point) to applying directly. They must REALLY be pissed off with the cronies at AMCAS.

6. hattenbw

hattenbw New Member

Jul 18, 2001
    I've e-mailed SLU Office of Admissions a couple of times in the last few weeks. The last time I talked to them, they said that AMCAS is trying to transmit just the GPA's and MCAT scores in August and then the full app in September. This way schools with alternate pathways would have verified grades and scores and could proceed with their admissions process.

7. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2001
    hattenbw, are you serious? so admissions this year is basically going to be even more of a numbers game than it was in the past. for someone with only average numbers but great everything-else, this is bad news. :(