AMCAS Processing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kodyfied

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I submitted my AMCAS application, and currently it's still waiting to be reviewed/processed. I am applying to medical schools that have primary application deadlines of November 15. So, does this mean if my AMCAS application does not get processed by then I miss the deadline?

Also, if AMCAS returns my application to me in need of corrections and I need to send it back after November 15, does this mean I miss the medical school deadline as well?

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you've got your amcas submitted before the 15th and your transcripts were recieved with in two weeks of the 15th you will be fine for schools with a november the 15th amcas deadline.
BUT I'm pretty sure if there is a mistake detected by their reviewers you're S.O.L. for the nov. 15th deadline.

I'm right there with you so I'm hoping it all goes through smoothly.

I called AMCAS and they told me that if there is an error in your application, such as errors in your Course Work, that they can correct up to 9 errors for you. If there are more than 9 errors, then they send it back to you to correct. On my application, I had about 4 errors and AMCAS corrected this for me and my application was verified.

i think you have to have major problems for them to send the app back. I typed in the numerical instead of the letter grade for all my courses and they corrected it.