AMCAS PS Help Please!!!

Started by saildawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

saildawg

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I am typing my PS, I copy and pasted it into notepad, and then into the application. Everything looks fine when I type it, but when I go to print the application function, there are no spacing between paragraphs. I have tried typing some of it by hand, to no avail. Is this normal?
Thanks
 
I tried doing the same exact thing and have the same problem. I even tried to type in spaces because there's no way to tab a new paragraph but it still displays it as a block.
 
Did you try typing two hard returns (i.e. hit enter twice) at the end of a paragraph? Try it within the AMCAS app if you haven't already.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow yeah that worked. Thanks!! Is there anyway to indent the paragraphs or is this as good as it gets?
 
If you hit two hard returns, it puts a space between the paragraphs. But, How do I indent?
 
saildawg said:
If you hit two hard returns, it puts a space between the paragraphs. But, How do I indent?

Don't bother. You've delineated paragraphs by leaving a space. Go on your merry way to the application audit.
 
saildawg said:
Hello all,
I am typing my PS, I copy and pasted it into notepad, and then into the application. Everything looks fine when I type it, but when I go to print the application function, there are no spacing between paragraphs. I have tried typing some of it by hand, to no avail. Is this normal?
Thanks

OMG...I had the same problem, but I was going to try and work the kink out when I actually pasted it in and submitted my AMCAs...but there's no way to indent? That's really bizarre...and annoying!
 
Well, its good to know I am not the only one, man that is annoying.
PS ms2209 your sig is one of my faviorite seinfeld quotes ever.
 
Hey all, I used Microsoft Word to write my PS, then pasted it into AMCAS.
There were a few formatting errors, but I fixed them, and I copy and pasted "tab" spacing in order to get paragraph indentation, but after I submitted, my print out of the PS has no paragraph spacing or indentations. What do the medical schools see? My PS how I actually wrote it? or the PS with no paragraph spacing/indentations?
 
KrapYnot206 said:
Hey all, I used Microsoft Word to write my PS, then pasted it into AMCAS.
There were a few formatting errors, but I fixed them, and I copy and pasted "tab" spacing in order to get paragraph indentation, but after I submitted, my print out of the PS has no paragraph spacing or indentations. What do the medical schools see? My PS how I actually wrote it? or the PS with no paragraph spacing/indentations?

Tabs don't work too well in AMCAS. Use 'double return' to separate paragraphs (i.e, delineate paragraphs by inserting a blank line between them).

Jason