Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

AMCAS question about ECs

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by aimster, May 7, 2007.

1. aimster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    For those of you who have completed the AMCAS...
    I am not sure who to list as a contact for some of my ECs. I'm finding that the person I knew is no longer at the place where I completed the activity. Also-there's no place to enter a phone number anyway. How can AMCAS even contact them?

Advice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg Long Live the New Flesh!
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My advice = Don't list a contact if you don't have one.

4. aimster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I still have the contact-they're just not at the same location as the EC. And there's nowhere to list a phone number.

5. Catalystik

Catalystik Platinum
    Physician Faculty SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

In the narrative portion where you described what you did, you can add at the end the facility, department, address, supervisor or co-worker/with title, phone or e-mail contact as is available to you.

6. Phoenix.

Phoenix. Emdee Jaydee
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Should you only list someone at the organization if they know/remember you? I.e., I worked for a summer in a lab over 10 years ago and want to list it. Should I list the doctor in charge of the lab even though I KNOW she won't remember me (I only actually met her twice briefly, and my "supervisor" was a grad student who has moved on). So, do I list no contact, or put the doctor's name? If I list the doctor, should I definitely email them and remind them of who I am? How often do they contact your contact? And what do they do for organizations where you don't have a contact. For instance, for past jobs, I just put the head of HR even though I never met them cause it was years ago. Urgh. Not sure what they want. Or do I put a former co-worker as a contact???

I thought I knew what I was doing until I read this thread. Sorry for the rambling nature. I should be cramming for the 5/31 MCAT. *fear*