Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS question about ECs

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by aimster, May 7, 2007.

1. aimster

Pre-Medical
    For those of you who have completed the AMCAS...
    I am not sure who to list as a contact for some of my ECs. I'm finding that the person I knew is no longer at the place where I completed the activity. Also-there's no place to enter a phone number anyway. How can AMCAS even contact them?

Advice?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg Long Live the New Flesh!
    Physician

Attending Physician
    My advice = Don't list a contact if you don't have one.

4. aimster

Pre-Medical
    I still have the contact-they're just not at the same location as the EC. And there's nowhere to list a phone number.

5. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing herd protection
    Physician Faculty SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved

In the narrative portion where you described what you did, you can add at the end the facility, department, address, supervisor or co-worker/with title, phone or e-mail contact as is available to you.

6. Phoenix.

Phoenix. Emdee Jaydee
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Should you only list someone at the organization if they know/remember you? I.e., I worked for a summer in a lab over 10 years ago and want to list it. Should I list the doctor in charge of the lab even though I KNOW she won't remember me (I only actually met her twice briefly, and my "supervisor" was a grad student who has moved on). So, do I list no contact, or put the doctor's name? If I list the doctor, should I definitely email them and remind them of who I am? How often do they contact your contact? And what do they do for organizations where you don't have a contact. For instance, for past jobs, I just put the head of HR even though I never met them cause it was years ago. Urgh. Not sure what they want. Or do I put a former co-worker as a contact???

I thought I knew what I was doing until I read this thread. Sorry for the rambling nature. I should be cramming for the 5/31 MCAT. *fear*