Amcas Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SixtyNinePesos

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting. I have usually been able to find the answers to all my questions by searching, but I am stumped. Anyway, my question is kinda dumb. In the "course name" input on AMCAS I am unsure what to enter. For some of my classes it is unclear what the class was if I just put the department and the number. For example, I took a class called Psych 115. That doesn't really say much, but the description of the course is "Behavioral Nueroscience". Which name should I use? Should I try and write both? Well, thanks in advance for your help. You guys are great

Members don't see this ad.

definitely write the name "behavioral neuroscience" and not psych 115. the schools won't know from "115" what the course is about.

Hi, glad you joined SDN.

I would put exactly what is listed on your transcript. The schools get your transcripts and will compare them to the AMCAS info. If you have listed it differently they will wonder why. I listed every class exactly as my transcripts had them.