Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Amcas Question...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SixtyNinePesos, Oct 8, 2002.

1. SixtyNinePesos

SixtyNinePesos Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting. I have usually been able to find the answers to all my questions by searching, but I am stumped. Anyway, my question is kinda dumb. In the "course name" input on AMCAS I am unsure what to enter. For some of my classes it is unclear what the class was if I just put the department and the number. For example, I took a class called Psych 115. That doesn't really say much, but the description of the course is "Behavioral Nueroscience". Which name should I use? Should I try and write both? Well, thanks in advance for your help. You guys are great

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chips

chips Member
    7+ Year Member

definitely write the name "behavioral neuroscience" and not psych 115. the schools won't know from "115" what the course is about.

4. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi, glad you joined SDN.

I would put exactly what is listed on your transcript. The schools get your transcripts and will compare them to the AMCAS info. If you have listed it differently they will wonder why. I listed every class exactly as my transcripts had them.