Quantcast

AMCAS Submitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nucleophobe

Reaction score
I FINALLY just submitted my AMCAS.

Thank goodness, it's over! (until secondaries at least haha)

I know I'm late, but my transcripts have been there since June 1st. I would have been earlier except for the combination of getting mono :scared:, getting married :D, and working full time :eek: over the last three months.

But no excuse is a good excuse, right? Would the question "Why did you submit so late?" ever come up in interviews?

Anyways, just looking for some high fives or something. Its late.

-N

Cambino

Reaction score

I know I'm late, but my transcripts have been there since June 1st. I would have been earlier except for the combination of getting mono :scared:, getting married :D, and working full time :eek: over the last three months.

But no excuse is a good excuse, right? Would the question "Why did you submit so late?" ever come up in interviews?

-N

High five.

centrigeugle

less qq, more pew pew
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
One month to get AMCAS approved, one-two weeks (unless you pre-write, which you definitely should) for your secondaries, +2-6 weeks for secondary verification = ready for consideration in October?

Sounds risky to me.

chiapet874

Reaction score
According to LizzyM in a previous post: being "late" is submitting everything/completing your file within 1 month of the official deadline. While OP certainly didn't help himself, I think he will be alright as long as he is a competitive candidate.

Tin Man

Man o' Tin Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You'll know how well you did when it comes time to interview. If you're getting interviews after the new year starts, you're probably going to be asked to explain yourself.

After all, it could certainly be interpreted that you consider your marriage and job more important than attending medical school, since you prioritized them over finishing your application. That's not unreasonable for normal people, but if you're going to be trying to convince a panel that you're prepared to dedicate four years of your life to nothing but studying for a job that will dominate the rest of your life, you better have a good way of describing why that motivation didn't show during your application process.

BTW, I'm not judging you personally. Just trying to help you prepare for the worst-case scenario. :)

zwitterion34

.4520000000000000k Member
Reaction score

-N

"Pics or it didn't happen" -CodeBlu

chiapet874

Reaction score
Even if the worst happens, you can always apply again next year. You'll be better prepared and able to get everything in order much faster.

Nucleophobe

Reaction score
"Pics or it didn't happen" -CodeBlu

screenshotofq.png

Thanks for the encouragement and advice everyone!

Nucleophobe

Reaction score
Greetings ______ Thank you for your interest in (name of medical school). We have received your application from The American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS), and are happy to welcome you into the applicant pool for the Entering Class of 2012!
Your next step in the application process is to submit your electronic Secondary Application.

I just recieved this from one of the universities to which I applied.

?

I'm surely not verified already. I thought the schools did not recieve your applications until after the verification period...

Oh well, it was a nice break.

Last edited:

Slev

Reaction score
I just recieved this from one of the universities to which I applied.

?

I'm surely not verified already. I thought the schools did not recieve your applications until after the verification period...

Oh well, it was a nice break.

A lot of schools will send you a secondary as soon as they know you plan to apply to them even if you're not verified yet. They must get notification of your intent as soon as you hit submit. I received about 1/3 of my secondaries before I was verified.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

chiapet874

Reaction score
Usually your state school (if you applied to your state school), will send you a secondary asap