Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AMCAS timeline

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hopkins2010, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Does AMCAS begin processing applications in the order that they are received?

In their last email, they stated that it would take longer than the normal 6-8 weeks to process applications submitted during peak load periods. I assume that the peak load period is worst right at the beginning of the submission start date (June 21st).

Why would they tell you this? Are they implying that its better to wait to submit the app until a few weeks later when the peak load wont be as high? But that doesnt make any sense either because I just assumed that the applications that are submitted on June 21st will get processed first (assuming MCAT and transcripts have arrived) and thus will get thru the pipeline faster than applications submitted maybe a couple of weeks later.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    AMCAS never makes sense.

3. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

my understanding is that they are processed in the order received. the email implies that there may be greater likelihood of an application having problems (getting lost, matching transcripts, etc) if you apply during the peak period. good luck.