AMCAS Transcript Problem Notification Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arbor Vitae

The North remembers
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received this email today from AMCAS:

"The following transcript submitted in support of your AMCAS application to the 2013 entering class does not meet verification requirements:

Transcript: University of ******, Received on 05/25/2012 is Incorrect Documentation

If you do not receive another e-mail from AMCAS containing additional information regarding this transcript within two business days, please contact us. "

However, this transcript was received 2 weeks ago on 5/14/12, and we aren;t even able to submit yet. Has anyone else received something like this? Why would they be verifying my transcript already? Is this just a mistake???

Members don't see this ad.

I received this email today from AMCAS:

"The following transcript submitted in support of your AMCAS application to the 2013 entering class does not meet verification requirements:

Transcript: University of ******, Received on 05/25/2012 is Incorrect Documentation

If you do not receive another e-mail from AMCAS containing additional information regarding this transcript within two business days, please contact us. "

However, this transcript was received 2 weeks ago on 5/14/12, and we aren;t even able to submit yet. Has anyone else received something like this? Why would they be verifying my transcript already? Is this just a mistake???

When you send in your transcripts to AMCAS, they send you an e-mail simply saying that they have been recieved (assuming everything was sent correctly). This is different then the "verifying" that is done when you submit your primary. Did you not send an official transcript from your school or forget the transcipt request form?

When they receive a transcript, they make sure it's a legitimate, official transcript before marking it as "received". It's possible your registrar forgot to put their seal on the transcript or perhaps you sent in an unofficial copy instead of requesting that your university's registrar send in an official one?

It is not likely an issue of the "matching form" being missing since they clearly matched it to your application to notify you that there's something wrong with the transcript.

They aren't verifying that what you put in your application is correct by looking at your transcript until after your submit (thus after june 1st). At this stage, they are just making sure your transcript is a legitimate, official transcript with no errors or missing information (e.g. the seal).

Yeah OP contact the registrar. I hope your registrar is actually friendly.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, your transcript is most likely not official. Maybe the email that they said they would send in 2 days will be more specific, but you'll probably have to wait more than 2 days to hear anything from your registrar or AMCAS (holiday weekend). I'd suggest waiting for AMCAS to contact you or call them on Tuesday to clarify what went wrong before calling your registrar.

OK, so it turns out my genius registrar only mailed the cover letter and NOT an official transcript. :smack:

Hi guys, sorry for bumping this thread, but I just have a quick Q:

How long did it take for the AMCAS to notify you about your received transcript after you requested it from your registrar?

Hi guys, sorry for bumping this thread, but I just have a quick Q:

How long did it take for the AMCAS to notify you about your received transcript after you requested it from your registrar?

On average about 1-2 weeks. I imagine a few days for the registrar to send it + verification time. I have 4 transcripts I'm sending, and 1-2 weeks seems to be average for each of them.

Last cycle before I withdrew my application, I tried sending one without the cover letter and it never got there.

Ok, thanks, I'm just a bit worried because the people at my registrar were kinda grumpy the day I went. I just hope they didn't trash my request form LOL ... because I paid $10!!!