Separate AMCAS/Interfolio Email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

capybaracarbonara

Reaction score
Is it worthwhile to make a new email for the upcoming cycle? I've seen recommendations of this but wanted to ask here. Also, should the email name just be firstname.lastname#@gmail.com? Or some variant?

Also NOTE: I already made accounts in AMCAS for the MCAT and Interfolio and was not sure what the impact of changing my email on those platforms would be.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it worthwhile to make a new email for the upcoming cycle? I've seen recommendations of this but wanted to ask here. Also, should the email name just be firstname.lastname#@gmail.com? Or some variant?

Also NOTE: I already made accounts in AMCAS for the MCAT and Interfolio and was not sure what the impact of changing my email on those platforms would be.
I would only suggest changing your email address if:
1. Your current email is a college based email, because you could lose access to it after graduation and also emails with attachments sometimes get screened out by strict college email filters.
2. You want to set up a second email address used only for your application correspondence

Last edited:
I would only suggest changing your email address if:
1. You current email is a college based email, because you could lose access to it after graduation and also emails with attachemtns sometimes get screened out by strict college email filters
2. You want to set up a second email address used only for your application correspondence
Both of those things are true. Thank you! Should the email include my full name?

Members don't see this ad :)
Both of those things are true. Thank you! Should the email include my full name?
It doesn't have to, but it would be good to have a neutral & professional email, maybe your name or part of it and some number in case your name is common.
Change your email contact with AMCAS after it's set up.

Reactions: 1 user
Do it. I found it extremely helpful so that I can leave the alerts on for that email account, and every notification I receive will be related to my applications. Makes it so you don't need to endlessly refresh or check your emails.

Reactions: 1 users
It doesn't have to, but it would be good to have a neutral & professional email, maybe your name or part of it and some number in case your name is common.
Change your email contact with AMCAS after it's set up.
Thank you so much!