AMCAS transcript submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkprincess246

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having some trouble with transcripts and AMCAS.
1. how do i send it. the website didn't say much at all
2. how do i know if i can send electronically? i didn't see a list of schools that could.
3. how do i send the paper version? do i just tell my school?
4. if i send the paper version, how do i make sure that i include the amcas sheet? we aren't allowed to mail it so how do i include that?

Members don't see this ad.

You have to send the "transcript request form" that they have on AMCAS to your school. The school then has to attach the transcript to that form and send it back to AMCAS. I am unsure about the electronic version because my school didn't have that. But, get that transcript in quickly!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have this many questions about the process that you obviously not have spent more than 3 minutes researching, perhaps you should reconsidering the profession.

https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/section-4-course-work/
Transcripts
AMCAS requires one official transcript from each U.S., U.S. Territorial, or Canadian post-secondary institution at which you have attempted coursework, regardless of whether credit was earned. To determine whether or not an official transcript is required for one of your undergraduate institutions, consult the AMCAS Instruction Manual.

Transcripts must be sent directly from the registrar’s office. AMCAS has difficulties matching applications to official transcripts that are not accompanied by the AMCAS Transcript Request Form, use this form to ensure that your transcript is matched to your application. AMCAS also accepts PDF eTranscripts from approved senders; confirm your registrar is an approved sender before requesting an eTranscript.

Problems with transcripts are the number one cause of processing delays and missed application deadlines.

The AMCAS instructions
https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...278-2edb3998a216/amcas_instruction_manual.pdf

AMCAS tools and tutorials
https://students-residents.aamc.org...dical-school-amcas/amcas-tools-and-tutorials/

AMCAS FAQ
https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/faq/amcas-faq/

AMCAS How to Apply
https://students-residents.aamc.org...ical-school-amcas/how-apply-med-school-amcas/

I looked at all of those and none are really helping. The problems I am having are that I don't know how to get the form to my school. I guess I should call the school and figure that out. Additonally, why is it wrong to ask on here? I think it's better to ask and if someone is willing to answer then great. Otherwise I will have to waste time looking it up. I wouldn't want anyone to do the work for me, but since so many people are applying and if someone knows these answers of the top of their heads what is the harm in applying? If you don't feel like I deserve an answer then you don't have to give it. Sorry, if this inconvenienced you, but I don't think it's appropriate to tell someone to think about a different career just b/c I wanted to get answers from real people

Reactions: 2 users
I looked at all of those and none are really helping. The problems I am having are that I don't know how to get the form to my school. I guess I should call the school and figure that out. Additonally, why is it wrong to ask on here? I think it's better to ask and if someone is willing to answer then great. Otherwise I will have to waste time looking it up. I wouldn't want anyone to do the work for me, but since so many people are applying and if someone knows these answers of the top of their heads what is the harm in applying? If you don't feel like I deserve an answer then you don't have to give it. Sorry, if this inconvenienced you, but I don't think it's appropriate to tell someone to think about a different career just b/c I wanted to get answers from real people
If your issue is that you don't know how to handle it with your undergrad, I don't think any of us will be able to answer your questions. Every school does it differently, so it would probably be best to contact the registrar's office at your school.

You asked a series of so basic, so naive, questions that showed absolutely knowledge of the process at your own school, much less AMCAS.

Quite honestly, it shocks me that any student past freshman year does not the basic process to order a transcript from his/her university, for any function, be it law, medicine, business, or a thousand other things. You go to the registrar

It also astounds me that any student considering applying to medical school would not have downloaded and read the AMCAS instructions, which are fully searchable. Below is from the official instructions outlining the complete process.

Transcripts
In the Transcript section of the application, you will determine whether AMCAS requires an official transcript from each institution you attended. If AMCAS requires a transcript from your school(s), you can create and print AMCAS Transcript Request Forms to send to the registrar(s)

Electronic Transcripts
AMCAS only accepts PDF eTranscriptsfrom approved senders who may submit electronic transcripts to AMCAS by means of a secure file transfer. AMCAS will not accept PDF eTranscripts by email or any other way. Remember that AMCAS accepts official paper transcripts from all institutions.

At this time, many schools that have the ability to send eTranscripts are not yet AMCAS-approved senders. If your college or university has not requested that you provide a Transcript ID, they are not yet an approved sender. Requesting an electronic transcript from a school that is not yet approved will delay verification of your application, as you will have to submit another request to your registrar for a paper transcript.

Transcript Request Forms
While AMCAS will accept transcripts that are not accompanied by an AMCAS Transcript Request Form, AMCAS is not responsible for transcripts that cannot be matched to your application due to the omission of this form. AMCAS strongly encourages you to utilize these forms. Any time you request an official, paper transcript for AMCAS, be sure to inform the registrar that the AMCAS Transcript Request Form should be attached to the transcript when it is sent.

Generate a PDF AMCAS Transcript Request Form by clicking on the Transcript Request Form button available on the Main Menu of the application.

The ID Number and Name on the AMCAS Transcript Request drop-down menus are populated by your entries in the Identifying Information section of the application. If this information is incorrect, you may return to the Identifying Information section at any time to correct or update the information you provided.

Verify and/or modify the School Address to which you will send your AMCAS Transcript Request Form. This address will automatically appear on the form when you print it.

Thank you for trying, but I have already read this and it doesn't help me. Perhaps you should read my question again. But don't worry, I have figured it out. I have ordered transcripts before, but I was just having trouble trying to figure out how to get the form to my school.

If your issue is that you don't know how to handle it with your undergrad, I don't think any of us will be able to answer your questions. Every school does it differently, so it would probably be best to contact the registrar's office at your school.

I figured it out! Yeah that's true. I guess I ws just wondering if any one else's school was also vague and see how they handled it. I guess I shouldn't have posted, but thanks for the comment!

I figured it out! Yeah that's true. I guess I ws just wondering if any one else's school was also vague and see how they handled it. I guess I shouldn't have posted, but thanks for the comment!
You're welcome! Best of luck with your applications!