AMCAS Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 questions:

1. Every school has a unique procedure for requesting a transcript, some are just online. What do you do about AMCAS's form? (I was thinking that I would make a separate phone call to ensure that AMCAS's criteria were met, but am unsure if I will reach a live person at some of the schools I've attended.)

2. I attended a community college back in high school. If I recall correctly, it doesn't make official sealed transcripts. It just sends everything electronically. Ugh. What can I do?

Members don't see this ad.

1. You can send a PDF of the AMCAS form with your online request and say "Attach AMCAS Transcript Request Form." This is what I did and it worked fine.

2. It needs to be sent to them by mail. AMCAS only allows a select few schools currently to send them a transcript online. Call your school and ask.

I emailed the form to the registrar. Contact the registrar and say "I need this form with my transcript, how do I go about sending it to you?" One registrar told me to send the form as a reply to the confirmation email I got saying my transcript request was received, then a real person emailed me back confirming they got the form.

My other school I filled out transcript request form (for the school not amcas) on paper and sent it as a PDF, attached the AMCAS form and asked them to have it sent with it and the acknowledged that as well

Reactions: 1 user
You don't need the amcas request form attached with transcripts, as long as amcas received your official transcripts from your school.

Reactions: 1 user