1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

AMCAS Transmission dates changed?!?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JBlue, Aug 29, 2002.

1. JBlue

JBlue Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Anyone else have their transmission dates on their AMCAS home page change? When I last looked my files were transmitted on 7/7 and 7/11. Now they have been transmitted on 7/30 and 8/19!! What is up with that! I called the 8/19 school and they haven't received my paper AMCAS yet even though I have been verified for over a month. They aren't going to look at my app until they get the paper one. Anyone have a similar experience or know anything about this? I thought my days of fighting with AMCAS were over but I guess not!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Those dates don't mean your entire app has been transferred, only preliminary info i.e. name, address, and the fact you're applying. Have you made any changes on your AMCAS app? That may be why the dates changed. The only way to know for sure whether a school has received your app is to check with the school directly. AMCAS dates mean next to nothing. At least that was the case last year. Someone please correct me if this year is different.

4. JBlue

JBlue Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No, I didn't change anything. I am going to call them tommorrow and ask. Does anyone know anything about the paper application process? The school that transmitted 8/19 is still waiting on the paper application? Is this normal? I was thinking maybe the electronic was transmitted on the first date that I saw and the paper on the dates that are showing on my home page now.