AMCAS Transmission, whats going on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaBruin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, does anybody have transmission dates for their schools changing daily for no apparent reason? Kinda weird but I think I've heard about it before.

More importantly, does anybody have 2 or 3 schools that AMCAS just doesnt seem to be transmitting to?? I have been verified for about a month now and all of my schools have been transmitted to except for 4...Einstein, Drexel, Loyola, and UCSF. Whats up with that? I already submitted Einstein's secondary, but I'm wondering if I should call them to see if they even have my AMCAS. Also, UCSF sent me their postcard saying they have my AMCAS materials yet AMCAS doesnt show a transmission date. Is this confusing the hell out of anybody else but me??

Should I call AMCAS and chew them out or is there an explanation to the madness? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

There is no explanation. It's just the way AMCAS does (or does not do) things. :rolleyes: If you have even one date, then your initial information was transmitted to all your schools. Some schools take a long time to get the complete app because they have transmission difficulties with AMCAS (at least that was the case last year). Changing dates could reflect AMCAS sending out paper apps and/or complete apps electronically after the initial info (but last year, the only dates we ever saw were the initial info transmission dates). But who really knows with AMCAS? If you haven't heard from a school that your app is complete, and you think you should have by now, it doesn't hurt to call them and ask. Good luck. Hope you don't hear any unpleasant surprises when you call! :)

The transmission date will continually change as the schools get new updates from AMCAS for address changes and such. There are several schools that are only getting paper copies of the applications. From an email I received from AMCAS Aug 19:

Dear Applicant,

Our records indicate that in your AMCAS application to the 2003 entering class you designated one or more of the following medical schools:

*University of California, San Francisco
*Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
*Loyola University of Chicago
*University of Missouri-Columbia
*Medical University of South Carolina
*Tufts University
*MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine

These schools have opted to receive only paper applications(shipped by AMCAS) and application files made available electronically (via FTP), but not to receive applications electronically via the AAMC Data Transmission Utility (DTU).

***As a result, no "transmission date" on either your dynamic welcome page or your printed application will be listed for these schools. Do not be concerned; once your application completes processing, your application will be made available to these schools.

To check the status of your application, consult your application's
dynamic Welcome page, write to AMCAS at [email protected], or call us at
(202) 828-0600.
Best wishes throughout the 2003 medical school admissions process.
Sincerely,
AMCAS

Members don't see this ad :)
Where on the dang form do you see "verification?" Do you get an email notification? I see certify, submit, transmit but no verification fields.

Am I blind?

When you click on "print application" there will be a date after "Date Processed" in the upper right hand corner of the first page. They should also send you an email, but I don't know how prompt they're being about that this year. Last year it took forever, if you even got one (and then others got them every day for months!). The dates that are after the schools are the transmission dates, not verification date.