AMCAS verification and MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does it matter when I get verified as long as it's before I get my MCAT scores back? I should be getting my MCAT back August 10th...

Members don't see this ad.

Does it matter when I get verified as long as it's before I get my MCAT scores back? I should be getting my MCAT back August 10th...

Verification only deals with your transcript courses and grades.

MCAT score is dealt with for your secondaries and you need your MCAT score before you can be considered complete at each school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I may not have been clear. It depends on how early you want to get your secondaries done. Everyone knows it helps to apply early. Submitting today and submitting in two weeks will mean a much larger gap between when your primary gets verified. For example, someone that submits today might get verified in a week, but in two weeks, it might take a month.

That's just an example, I have no idea of how long it will actually be, but the point is, it will take longer to verify your grades the later you submit, and it will hold you up.

Do most schools send secondaries before getting MCAT score?

Assuming we do get secondaries, if we finish both primary and secondary completely done/verified, lets say 3 weeks before MCAT score is released vs 1 day before MCAT score is released, does that make a difference?

Do most schools send secondaries before getting MCAT score?

Assuming we do get secondaries, if we finish both primary and secondary completely done/verified, lets say 3 weeks before MCAT score is released vs 1 day before MCAT score is released, does that make a difference?

Your application won't be considered complete until your MCAT score is in, so no, it won't make a difference whether you send it in early or not. When the school receives the last part of your application is when your application will be reviewed.

But if schools automatically send out secondaries once primaries are received, you will still be getting these and can work on them before your MCAT score is in, yes?

But if schools automatically send out secondaries once primaries are received, you will still be getting these and can work on them before your MCAT score is in, yes?

Yes, you'll get the secondaries and will be able to submit them. Your application won't be considered until the MCAT score comes in, though - even if you submit the secondary.

Yes, you'll get the secondaries and will be able to submit them. Your application won't be considered until the MCAT score comes in, though - even if you submit the secondary.

Yup, okay, good. Unfortunately, to do this means you (OP) will need to shell out a lot of money without knowing if your MCAT score is good enough to get in.

I agree. Personally I couldn't solidify a list of schools to apply to without my MCAT scores. I realize that waiting isn't the best option, but you can better predict where your best odds lay with your MCAT.

Just my two cents