Jul 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Quick question,

I submitted 7/2 and noticed that a few people who submitted 7/3 were verified today. My application is "in line to be reviewed," but apparently the line isn't a straight one. Is this normal? I'm not freaking out or anything, but am now slightly annoyed since I obviously want to get the ball rolling on secondaries. Anyone know what the deal is? Gracias.

Caesar

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2007
Midwest
Status
Attending Physician
probably just has to do with how they assign them to reviewers. I wouldn't worry about it. Call next week if you notice more and more people being verified from later dates, but at this point I would just chalk it up to some reviewers being faster than others

Mattabet

Doctor Thunder
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Somewhere in SE Wisconsin
Status
Medical Student
That is slightly annoying. It might just be AMCAS doing some odd things to remain inscrutable and shrouded in mystique. If I had to put money on it, I'd say your application will be verified by Tuesday. For whatever reason, they must not be going through the stack in exact date order (there may be batches of N applications that cover a day and a half or something, and you're just across the line).

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
They're reviewed in "chunks" of days, I thought.

thedoctor8706

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2008
Ohio
Status
Attending Physician
When did they receive your transcripts? That could be a part of the problem...

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I'm sure you will be verified pretty soon. Patience is key!