AMCAS verification thread of the week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShakaSean

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many post-July submissions are still waiting for verification? I submitted July 2 and my transcripts were received 2 weeks before that. AMCAS lists the estimated time as "between 4-6 weeks" but it seems that people are getting verified in much less time than that.

Members don't see this ad.

My amcas status online says that I'm "in line for verification," but I got an email from Yale saying they got my application. (I submitted July 12.) :confused:

I submitted July 8th and was verified last week. They screwed up one of my classes, however, so now I have to submit a change request. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how AMCAS lines up the individual submissions for verification? it seems to me that they probably get divided up after they're submitted since that would explain why some some are getting verified faster than others (depending on how fast your person works), but this is just speculation. Anyone know for sure?
:eek:

my guest is that schools will receive applications the moment u submit it. however, it will the PROCESSED DATE will be blank if amcas hasn't verified it yet. schools that don't screen will not care if u've been verified or not.