AMCAS verification times 2026-2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

astrophage

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Creating this thread so we can centralize AMCAS verification data! I submitted on June 1st at 11:00 p.m., at this rate not anticipating being verified until 27th or 28th. It looks like AMCAS is still on May 28th according to this. Post your submission times and verification date/time below if applicable!
 
Was just about to make a post. Crazy they're still on May 28th when it's June 16th. Is this normal?

Edit: says they're still reviewing May 28th on this website btw Client Challenge


Submitted May 30th 10:40 PM
 
Last edited:
Crazy they're still on May 28th when it's June 16th.
Yeah, looking at the AMCAS tracker from that year, it seems like we are still on track, if not slightly left-shifted from the previous year. Maybe everyone's verification will be pushed back a day or two. Hoping they pick it up soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Update: People who submitted around midnight or 1 a.m. on the 31st started reporting that they were verified yesterday between 4 and 6 p.m. Hopefully we move to June in 1-2 days.
 
The AMCAS team apparently sent a report to admissions offices marking a 38?% increase in the number of applications received on Day 1.
I hope this means more people are applying early, not that more people are applying in general...

**** had to hit the fan when it was my turn gang 😭
 
I hope this means more people are applying early, not that more people are applying in general...

**** had to hit the fan when it was my turn gang 😭
We're not sure. I presume it would mean more people are applying early, but there are also more medical schools that opened. We'll see. I can't imagine "ghost" or "AI" applicants willing to spend the cryptocoin to inflate the numbers.
 
I personally believe it's because applicants can complete their application much faster using AI + proofread so they submit early
As long as people are not letting AI do the writing for them.

The accepted students profile from last year had survey respondents who described their use of AI in their applications, and none/very few disclosed they had AI do their first drafts. That said, I would like feedback to elicit responses that might be more appropriate for how AI could "give applicants ideas."
 
As long as people are not letting AI do the writing for them.

The accepted students profile from last year had survey respondents who described their use of AI in their applications, and none/very few disclosed they had AI do their first drafts. That said, I would like feedback to elicit responses that might be more appropriate for how AI could "give applicants ideas."
I'll tell you all about it once I matriculate 😉
 
As long as people are not letting AI do the writing for them.

The accepted students profile from last year had survey respondents who described their use of AI in their applications, and none/very few disclosed they had AI do their first drafts. That said, I would like feedback to elicit responses that might be more appropriate for how AI could "give applicants ideas."
Certainly. Your first and final drafts should always be your own writing, imo, but I do see the use in having AI as a good editing partner. Many of us cannot afford expensive editors, and while I always advocate having mentors and friends read over your stuff, AI is very accessible for the masses. I think the key is in prompt engineering. You have to know what you want it to look for and how you want it to evaluate. Otherwise, garbage in = garbage out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! My app was updated to ready for review on 13Jun2026 and I am still in the queue. Anyone else submit around that time and still waiting?
 
Hi everyone! My app was updated to ready for review on 13Jun2026 and I am still in the queue. Anyone else submit around that time and still waiting?
Yeah, some people who got in the “ready for review” queue very early are already transmitted and getting secondaries. A lot of you are now finding yourselves waiting that 6-8 weeks for verification that AAMC mentions in their FAQs.
 
Yeah, some people who got in the “ready for review” queue very early are already transmitted and getting secondaries. A lot of you are now finding yourselves waiting that 6-8 weeks for verification that AAMC mentions in their FAQs.
@wysdoc Are schools going to be more flexible with their timelines on what is 'late,' considering the unprecedented delay in application processing times?
 
@wysdoc Are schools going to be more flexible with their timelines on what is 'late,' considering the unprecedented delay in application processing times?
It’s not all that much later than usual but when you are the one waiting it seems like forever.
Schools will do what they always do, deal with apps gradually as they come in.
 
It’s not all that much later than usual but when you are the one waiting it seems like forever.
Schools will do what they always do, deal with apps gradually as they come in.
It is a substantial delay in my case. I applied June 22 and, based on a 3 year average, would expect to be verified around jul 27/28. This cycle it looks like I won’t be verified until around Aug15. @wysdoc
 
Last edited:
Yeah, some people who got in the “ready for review” queue very early are already transmitted and getting secondaries. A lot of you are now finding yourselves waiting that 6-8 weeks for verification that AAMC mentions in their FAQs.
Thanks for the response!
 
It is a substantial delay in my case. I applied June 22 and, based on a 3 year average, would expect to be verified around jul 27/28. This cycle it looks like I won’t be verified until around Aug15. @wysdoc
It definitely appears to be taking a lot longer this year. It's interesting whether more people applied or more applicants submitted early.
 
So is it asssumed that Med schools will take the extra long verification time into consideration or did I waste an application cycle when I submitted mid-July? Past averages would have put me somewhere around August 20th, which I think would have been slightly behind, but acceptable when looking at secondary submission dates vs interview likelihood. However, I'm expecting the worst this time, maybe a sept 2nd verification if everything continues.
 
So is it asssumed that Med schools will take the extra long verification time into consideration or did I waste an application cycle when I submitted mid-July? Past averages would have put me somewhere around August 20th, which I think would have been slightly behind, but acceptable when looking at secondary submission dates vs interview likelihood. However, I'm expecting the worst this time, maybe a sept 2nd verification if everything continues.
The schools can't do anything about the verification queue either. Just trust the process. Get your secondaries in.
 
The schools can't do anything about the verification queue either. Just trust the process. Get your secondaries in.
How much do you think this delay will hurt us? If we prewrote and submit secondaries within 1-2 days of getting them, would we still be ok? This might be a neurotic question but I'm just really worried and it seems like you might have a better idea based on past cycles
 
The schools can't do anything about the verification queue either. Just trust the process. Get your secondaries in.
Thanks for your reply🙂 To be specific, I'm wondering if schools will hold back a bit of judgement when they do their evaluations. For example, when they see a secondary coming in on Sept 2 2026, will they treat it like a secondary in say aug 20th on a typical year or whatever the equivalent may be or will they view a Sept 2 secondary as a Sept 2nd historically so to speak? Do deadlines, soft or hard, also play a role or is there flexibility?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The schools can't do anything about the verification queue either. Just trust the process. Get your secondaries in.
Hi Mr.Smile12!! I was verified 8/18, which was much later than I thought, but I am trying to be complete at all schools by the end of August. Out of curiosity, do you have any information on if this cycle had an overall increase in applicants, or just a frontload of them? I recall a memo said there was a 33% increase in apps the first day, but I'm curious if that pattern maintained. Thank you for your time!
 
Thanks for your reply🙂 To be specific, I'm wondering if schools will hold back a bit of judgement when they do their evaluations. For example, when they see a secondary coming in on Sept 2 2026, will they treat it like a secondary in say aug 20th on a typical year or whatever the equivalent may be or will they view a Sept 2 secondary as a Sept 2nd historically so to speak? Do deadlines, soft or hard, also play a role or is there flexibility?
I could be wrong, but I don't think the early-applicant advantage is based on how "bad" the adcoms think of the complete date--- I think its based on how many people were reviewed ahead of us, and subsequently how many interview spots are left. I believe the lag was caused by more people submitting early.

This cycle being 2-3 weeks behind previous ones means that we won't know how it affects our admissions chances until its over. I know that's hard to sit with (and believe me, I've wasted my time on the Internet trying to get nonexistent answers too), but worrying about data we don't have will only distract us from the secondaries we can still write!!

Unexpected situation, stressful time, but we can only control what we have left. Good luck!!
 
I could be wrong, but I don't think the early-applicant advantage is based on how "bad" the adcoms think of the complete date--- I think its based on how many people were reviewed ahead of us, and subsequently how many interview spots are left. I believe the lag was caused by more people submitting early.

This cycle being 2-3 weeks behind previous ones means that we won't know how it affects our admissions chances until its over. I know that's hard to sit with (and believe me, I've wasted my time on the Internet trying to get nonexistent answers too), but worrying about data we don't have will only distract us from the secondaries we can still write!!

Unexpected situation, stressful time, but we can only control what we have left. Good luck!!
Dang, didn't realize that was the case, thanks for the info. However, I remember hearing that during the covid surge there was a substantially higher than normal number of applicants and schools adjusted, so maybe that will be the case this year too🤞. Wonder if anyone in the know is aware if similar steps could be implemented this year if overall numbers are indeed substantially higher.
 
I don't have any additional information. Mission fit matters.
How much do you think this delay will hurt us? If we prewrote and submit secondaries within 1-2 days of getting them, would we still be ok? This might be a neurotic question but I'm just really worried and it seems like you might have a better idea based on past cycles
I don't know where you applied, but I haven't seen a shift in our Applicant Experience Surveys where people don't get offers if they submitted "late" secondaries. (This is a hint that everyone should fill out our surveys when they come out in December and next May so we can map this.)

Individual sankeys don't necessarily represent the "process." As I have always said, "mission fit" is the most important, not (just) your metrics.