AMCAS Verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted821402

Where is AMCAS up to in the verification queue? The AMCAS homepage says that they are reviewing applications marked for review on the 28th, but I don't really understand how they can still be verifying the people who applied the first day when it has now been almost 2 weeks since the application opened for submission?

Members don't see this ad.

Where is AMCAS up to in the verification queue? The AMCAS homepage says that they are reviewing applications marked for review on the 28th, but I don't really understand how they can still be verifying the people who applied the first day when it has now been almost 2 weeks since the application opened for submission?

You can search this forum to see how long it takes SDN users. Last year, day 1 submits took 2+ weeks. This year, it will be longer due to COVID / working from home issues. AAMC updates their site and twitter daily, trust their information.

Current indications are that the verification process can take upwards of 8 weeks. If you submitted at the end of June, you may be looking at mid-late August before verification.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current indications are that the verification process can take upwards of 8 weeks. If you submitted at the end of June, you may be looking at mid-late August before verification.

This isn't true. AMCAS is currently verifying applications submitted on June 26, which I would consider as end of June. So it seems verification is taking up to 5 weeks as of now.

Reactions: 1 user
This isn't true. AMCAS is currently verifying applications submitted on June 26, which I would consider as end of June. So it seems verification is taking up to 5 weeks as of now.
Yeah, but it gets longer towards the middle of the cycle. I submitted 6/15 and was verified 7/15. So in the 3 weeks since I was verified AMCAS has only gotten through 10 or 11 days of submitted applications. The delays add up

Is this submitted, or received? If it's received, please note that AMCAS can take up to 15 business days to "process" a transcript (i.e., turn it from submitted to received), so if you add those 3 weeks to the 5 weeks you are quoting, it can apparently take up to 8 weeks from when you first send in a transcript until it is verified.

I'm assuming that "verification" means all transcripts are in.
Yes, verification means all transcripts are in. The question is, when you say submitted on 6/26, is that literally when they were submitted, or is it when they entered the queue, which might be 15 business days after they were actually submitted? The difference could very well be the difference between those people waiting 5 weeks from when they submitted and waiting 8 weeks.

From the AMCAS website:

"The AMCAS Verification process starts when your application has been submitted and your official transcripts have arrived at AMCAS. Once all your materials have been received, your application joins the verification queue. Processing can take up to 8 weeks from the time that your application and all required official transcripts are received." (emphasis added)

Just reporting what AMCAS advises. It may take less or even more,,,,

From the AMCAS website:

"The AMCAS Verification process starts when your application has been submitted and your official transcripts have arrived at AMCAS. Once all your materials have been received, your application joins the verification queue. Processing can take up to 8 weeks from the time that your application and all required official transcripts are received." (emphasis added)

Just reporting what AMCAS advises. It may take less or even more,,,,
Yes, they are reporting 5 weeks on Twitter now, but they also have this on their website:

Transcript Processing Timelines

The table below details all delivery options available to registrars, in order from fastest delivery to slowest. Processing begins once your transcripts are delivered to AMCAS. Reference the transcript processing tool to find the latest date your transcript will be processed based on the mode of transmission to AMCAS. Please note, you will receive an email from AMCAS when your transcript is marked "Received."

MethodElectronic VendorEmailFaxMail*
Processing time15 business days15 business days15 business days25 business days

*Mailed transcripts take longer to receive and process than other methods. If possible, AMCAS recommends utilizing the other delivery methods. If your registrar has questions, please contact [email protected].

I am pretty sure the 5 weeks they are quoting plus the 3 weeks referenced above is how they get to 8 weeks. People who mailed in paper transcripts are reporting 2 months, which is also pretty consistent with the time quotes above.

Yes, they are reporting 5 weeks on Twitter now, but they also have this on their website:

Transcript Processing Timelines

The table below details all delivery options available to registrars, in order from fastest delivery to slowest. Processing begins once your transcripts are delivered to AMCAS. Reference the transcript processing tool to find the latest date your transcript will be processed based on the mode of transmission to AMCAS. Please note, you will receive an email from AMCAS when your transcript is marked "Received."

MethodElectronic VendorEmailFaxMail*
Processing time15 business days15 business days15 business days25 business days

*Mailed transcripts take longer to receive and process than other methods. If possible, AMCAS recommends utilizing the other delivery methods. If your registrar has questions, please contact [email protected].

I am pretty sure the 5 weeks they are quoting plus the 3 weeks referenced above is how they get to 8 weeks. People who mailed in paper transcripts are reporting 2 months, which is also pretty consistent with the time quotes above.

I submitted via electronic vendor. Verified 6/29. They are currently on 6/26 as late as today. I am already past 5 weeks. If it takes an average of 1 week per day, it will get to 8 weeks by the time I am confirmed.

I submitted via electronic vendor. Verified 6/29. They are currently on 6/26 as late as today. I am already past 5 weeks. If it takes an average of 1 week per day, it will get to 8 weeks by the time I am confirmed.
Do you mean verified 6/29, or marked received on that date? I honestly think you'll be verified in the next few days, not the next few weeks. The queue is 5-6 weeks, but it does pretty much advance day by day. Where are you getting one week per day from? It took from 5/28 until now to build to up to 8 weeks!

Do you mean verified 6/29, or marked received on that date? I honestly think you'll be verified in the next few days, not the next few weeks. The queue is 5-6 weeks, but it does pretty much advance day by day. Where are you getting one week per day from? It took from 5/28 until now to build to up to 8 weeks!

Sorry. Been offline a bit. I meant marked received 6/29. I really don't believe the queue advances on a daily basis. The combination of backlog, continued remote work by AMCAS personnel, and what is probably an increasing flow of applications is what led me to estimate roughly a week per received-date. I may be incorrect, however, I am now standing at 6 weeks post-received without verification. I'm still betting on 8 weeks...

Sorry. Been offline a bit. I meant marked received 6/29. I really don't believe the queue advances on a daily basis. The combination of backlog, continued remote work by AMCAS personnel, and what is probably an increasing flow of applications is what led me to estimate roughly a week per received-date. I may be incorrect, however, I am now standing at 6 weeks post-received without verification. I'm still betting on 8 weeks...
As of August 7, AMCAS is
“Processing applications that reached "Ready for Review" on June 28.”

I bet you’ll be verified this following Monday or Tuesday