AMCAS Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supermedicine89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on AMCAS verification time? Is there anyone who recently submitted their AMCAS who knows how long the wait is right know for applications recently submitted? Thx!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any updates on AMCAS verification time? Is there anyone who recently submitted their AMCAS who knows how long the wait is right know for applications recently submitted? Thx!
No wait. Application deadlines are approaching at a lot of schools in October. The crush is over. There is no guarantee you will be verified immediately if there are issues with your transcripts, but verification will begin within a day of all of your transcripts being received.

No wait. Application deadlines are approaching at a lot of schools in October. The crush is over. There is no guarantee you will be verified immediately if there are issues with your transcripts, but verification will begin within a day of all of your transcripts being received.

Are you sure there isn’t a wait right now? Based on the AMCAS verification chart from previous years it seems as though it takes 2 weeks if submitted at the end of September… See the picture attached:

IMG_6160.JPG

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, don't go by that. You can go right to the AMCAS website and see that they are currently processing applications marked "Ready for Review" yesterday. The chart you are referring to is dependent on what people report. It is inherently inaccurate since it only captures a tiny fraction of submissions.

Yes, don't go by that. You can go right to the AMCAS website and see that they are currently processing applications marked "Ready for Review" yesterday. The chart you are referring to is dependent on what people report. It is inherently inaccurate since it only captures a tiny fraction of submissions.

Oh I see the website—your right! Amazing thx!

One more question: Once I’m verified, do you know how long it typically takes for most schools to send their secondaries when they are added to my application? Is it almost immediate, takes a few days, or will it take 1-2 weeks? Thx again!

Oh I see the website—your right! Amazing thx!

One more question: Once I’m verified, do you know how long it typically takes for most schools to send their secondaries when they are added to my application? Is it almost immediate, takes a few days, or will it take 1-2 weeks? Thx again!
Totally depends on the school, and on you. At most schools, it will be automatic, and fast. Others were taking their time earlier in the cycle. At this point I'd imagine it would be pretty fast, because the crush is over, just like with verifications. And still others screen. That could take time, or even never come at all.

You need to get a move on, though, because the earliest deadlines to submit the primary are coming up on 10/1 at some schools!

Totally depends on the school, and on you. At most schools, it will be automatic, and fast. Others were taking their time earlier in the cycle. At this point I'd imagine it would be pretty fast, because the crush is over, just like with verifications. And still others screen. That could take time, or even never come at all.

You need to get a move on, though, because the earliest deadlines to submit the primary are coming up on 10/1 at some schools!

Amazing thx! I’ll be complete hopefully during the first week of October then! I know @gonnif seems to say that being complete by the end of September is okay. So I assume if I’m complete by the first week of October then I should hopefully be “fine” at most schools?

Reactions: 1 user
Amazing thx! I’ll be complete hopefully during the first week of October then! I know @gonnif seems to say that being complete by the end of September is okay. So I assume if I’m complete by the first week of October then I should hopefully be “fine” at most schools?
It is what it is. For MD you're definitely late, but, like with everything else, it still depends on you.

As long as you are in before the deadline you have a shot. I haven't asked you, but, since you would be better off applying early, is there a reason you are doing this now versus waiting until next year? If it doesn't work out, you'd be much better off as a first time applicant next cycle as opposed to being a reapplicant. @gonnif is the DO expert, and DO has a later cycle, so applying now is not a problem there.

For MD you are pretty late. You may be alright if you have great stats and apply to a lot of schools. Some schools have sent out a decent chunk of their II's by now so you are going to have to compete for fewer seats at these schools. From what I've heard IIs in August and September are considered "early" October to the end of November is normal and then IIs slow down into the spring.
So you are basically entering into the cycle on the "normal" part of the II cycle and missed the "early" part which will likely affect your chances. That's not saying you won't get in but there is a chance you will not and you would have if you applied sooner.