AMCAS verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ivyivy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This whole application process is so so frustrating! I submitted my application on 7-7, and AMCAS received my transcript on 7-17. I sent in my transcript right after I submitted my app because my school is on a quarter system and the transcript is not available until July. It took AMCAS like amost 10 days to acknowledge the receipt of transcript. And now, my application is still in line to be reviewed. What's taking them so long? We have done all the work and all they need to do is to match the courses we entered with our transcript !! :confused:

I'm really worried at this point, how much long will this take? I have already submitted some secondaries and also LORs to schools that send secondary invites to unverified applicants, but will they consider my file as complete since AMCAS has not even reviewed my application yet?

And to those want to add schools before verification, you can go ahead and do so becasue I called AMCAS and they told me this won't delay the processing time. I added some schools to my application because some schools sent out secondary invites to unverified applicants, so I at least got several done now.

Anyways, what should I do now? are there secondaries I can start woking on without the school invitation? HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

Not to sound unsympathetic, but shouldn't this go in the pre-allo forum?

Church said:
Not to sound unsympathetic, but shouldn't this go in the pre-allo forum?

oops, well I'm a new member, so I'm not very familiar with how this works. I might miss click the pre-allo tab, but may be someone who has gone through this application process can give me some advice and suggestions? Thanks~

ivyivy said:
oops, well I'm a new member, so I'm not very familiar with how this works. I might miss click the pre-allo tab, but may be someone who has gone through this application process can give me some advice and suggestions? Thanks~
The procees is brutal even under the best circumstances. If you are freaking out now you will be in a world of hurt in a couple of months.
Just hang in there. :luck: