AMCAS Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angel_Eyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who submitted AMCAS around early august and still waiting for verification? Anyone submit later and already verified?
I am starting to get worried :(

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I sent my app in not too long ago... does anyone know about how long it takes to verify at this point in the game? i sorry my post is not answering the above... i hope yours is verified soon. if not soon, that means i am screwed with mine.

I would think it would take at least a month from now. That does not mean that you are screwed. My app was not complete until the end of October last year, and I did pretty well. If you submitted in early August, and haven't been verified, I'd be calling them up to find out why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I sent my amcas app in on 8/24 and I was verified on 9/12. My verified app was transmitted to all my schools by 9/23. I called AMCAS about the way they verify apps and they say they do it in order they are received. They say delays usually occur if transcripts are lost, not received, and if there are significant errors on the submitted app. You might want to contact them if you aren't verified in the next few days. Good luck!

Mine was verified about a month after i submitted (submitted mid july). Make sure that all your transcripts are in, cause it takes about a month to verifty AFTER all your transcripts have been sent in.

Jetson

I submitted on Aug 2 and I was verified on Aug 28. The transcript thing might be the problem with your app, all of my transcripts were in early June. Call and make sure they have received transcripts for every course/institution that you listed.

My process was similar to Angeliqua. I submitted on Aug 8 and was verified (processed) on Sep 4 or 5. I started getting secondaries within two weeks of submitting. My AMCAS shows that it was transmitted to schools between 9/5 and 9/9. I had 5 transcripts to verify and they were in by the end of June.

You might want to give them a call..

I submitted Aug 29, was verified Sep 23, and transmitted to almost every school by then (applied to 23)which was all pretty quick but all my transcripts were in back in July.

Also there is a thread on submit/verify/transmit dates you should check out to get an idea of how long it is for others. I thought it would take a lot longer because I called amcas and they told me they were getting backed up but then it only took 3 weeks.