AMCAS Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sflo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all, I know its been brought up before but I am registered for the july 10 MCAT, and I am trying to understand how to get everything else in early ie everything for AMCAS and what not. My question is can I get everything submitted to AMCAS, and fill out primaries for schools I am applying to so they just recieve my MCAT score later on, or better to wait on MCAT score then change your range of schools depending on how well you scored.

I understand how important it is to get everything in early but just wanted some feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

hi all, I know its been brought up before but I am registered for the july 10 MCAT, and I am trying to understand how to get everything else in early ie everything for AMCAS and what not. My question is can I get everything submitted to AMCAS, and fill out primaries for schools I am applying to so they just recieve my MCAT score later on, or better to wait on MCAT score then change your range of schools depending on how well you scored.

I understand how important it is to get everything in early but just wanted some feedback.

Considering July is later than "ideal" (ideal being April/May), you'll have to judge your confidence on your ability to take the test on whether you should apply early or not.

A good way to do it that I've learned is to apply to one "safety" school immediate as your application is done so as to get AMCAS working on processing your application, then apply to more schools later on as your MCAT score permits. This way you don't waste a lot of money up front if you get like a 28 when you were counting on a 35, and have probably wasted money applying to a Harvard or Hopkins.