AMCAS VS AACOMAS GPA Discrepancy/error.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmmoniaEggs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been a member for a while, New account because I absolutely want to keep anonymity with this post.

I have a discrepancy on GPA between on my AACOMAS VS AMCAS application

My AMCAS application is correct. It has my CGPA as a 3.85 and my SGPA as a 3.72

However, it seems AACOMAS has them switched, My science GPA shows at 3.85 and my CGPA a 3.72

I am trying to decide if I should contact AACOMAS, or if it is good that my Science GPA shows as higher?

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you, guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you sure this discrepancy is not due to math not being included in the AACOMAS Science GPA? That's why mine was different.

Edit: Just saw that you said they were completely swapped. That's definitely unusual, my cGPA was the same for both.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Math is what now?

*scrambles to apply using AACOMAS*
YUP. That was pretty much my response. It was kind of a good news, bad news situation for me. I got really excited when I saw they classified computer science classes as math, and then saw that math didn't go into the science GPA at all. :laugh:

I would take it if it was an error or not. SGPA is one of the most important parts of your application.

The overall gpa should still be the same though

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Update to this; I've rolled with the GPA being left as it is, 3 DO II so far.
However, I still think personally think there is an error. As they are identical numbers but switched from SGPA to CGPA.

Reactions: 1 users
Update to this; I've rolled with the GPA being left as it is, 3 DO II so far.
However, I still think personally think there is an error. As they are identical numbers but switched from SGPA to CGPA.
Sounds like a fantastic problem to have