AMCAS website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoatBoy

Manboob Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it just me or the amcas website is annoying as hell? The friggen thing is never working properly. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

The damn site is full of errors. The print outs are worse yet by showing information other than the ones you have provided. I am very concerned about the application messing up the essay part with random items deleted/inserted. AMCAS should stand for "Anything May Corrupt/Crash this Application, Suckers".

That's AMCAS for you.....

Problem after problem after problem....

Not only is it sooooo hard to get a hold of them.... you have to put up with all this error.... Just hope that things will look up for the better.... Later, :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
a mix of patience and luck will get you through the site.....

yeah, you're going to need a lot of patience. Now it wont even show the login screen: it keeps saying Access Denied. :mad:

Maaaannnn!!! They need to get their act together!!! :cool:

Does it irritate any of you that while your waiting on hold with amcas for 30-40 minutes, long distance rates are accruing? From an ethical perspective, I think it's highly irresponsible of amcas to have only "one" guy (who appears to be "highly unimformed" with standard questions I had asked) answering the phones, if they can't afford an (800) #!! I guess they assume Mommy and Daddy will gladly foot the bill. NOT AT MY HOUSE!! This REALLY disturbs me!! Any thoughts?

I'm right there with you, Jacky. This is such a crock o' you know what, but hey, if we all really want to go to med school, this is one of those things we just have to wade through.

I've had numerous problems with the stupid AMCAS. For awhile, all that ever came up was the stupid tutorial. Even after I had started entering a lot of my info (when I could get on the system), the thing would keep on popping up. Multiple biographical info's, incorrect semester codes, re-entering coursework...the works. But i'm sure everyone else is nodding their heads in agreement...

I found it quite useful to do alot of my input at like 2 am. I work at a blood bank processing lab and don't get out of work until 1:30am. You'd be amazed how much of the AMCAS can get done at that time!

Hey, I've called only once, but i got this guy who had an accent, either british or south african. Is he the same person everyone else is talking to? I'd be curious to see how big their customer service dept. is.

And you know what else pisses me off? You can't get back to the screen where you were last entering data without hitting "next" through all the other screens in that section.

Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but when you have to wait ten minutes for each one...

My 2 cents.

SMK

what I don't see is.... we spend so much in applications.... some of those money must be for AMCAS yet they hardly have anyone to answer the phone... with AACOMAS, you get a live person within seconds... :D

Is there someone we can complain to like the better business bureu or someone not affiliated to amcas? I called also and waited about 40 mintues before I got to speak with someone that couldn't help me, after talking for 15-20 minutes. She told me try again Friday morning to see if the problem I had had been resolved? This is really unfair. I think they should at least postpone the june 18 day for at least one week so that those that were lucky to not have too many problems don't have the advantage of turning the applications in early.

jmej.... that's a great idea... I wonder if we can call the bbb on these guys to get their act straight.... huh?!! something to think about.... How about act on....

I've also called AMCAS several times and got the same "guy" who answers the phone all of the time. I don't know if he is the only one answering the phone for the whole countries applicants or what? I've called weeks apart at various times of day to check on my transcripts and he is the only one I ever get to talk to. he is less than charismatic if you know what I mean. MOre like flat out disinterested in all questions directed toward him.

later

Yes, it's the same dude. I've called four separate times and spoken to the same guy.......One individual has been designated by amcas to handle the entire country's questions. I wonder how much their $avin? And how much I'm lo$in (while on hold!) on long distance charges. (Compelling) They really SHOULD have an 800 #, no exception.

I have a pretty fast internet connection (cable), but the webpages still take forever to load, is just my computer or is this happening to everyone?

I've been trying, and it won't even come up for me right now also (and I also have cable). Is it working for anyone right now?
Thanks for your help.

Goat Boy, how did you come by that name?