AMCAS work/activities mistake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poisonrain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I am in the middle of a panic attack right now. I submitted my primary on July 11 so it will be verified real soon but I logged in today and noticed that the formatting on my work/activities section seems really messed up.

Prior to filling it out, I did look around for how to fill in this section (i.e. resume-type bullet points vs. paragraph) and opted to do a combination of both. So I listed my responsibilities as bullet points with a couple of sentences at the end in paragraph form to describe what I gained from the experience.

But now I am getting the sense that I was not supposed to use bullet points at all as there is no space between the lines and the whole thing is just one big paragraph with dashes in the middle.

Any way to fix this or to check if this only appears this way in the summary screen but the schools will see it properly? Or have I basically messed up this section which took me hours to complete? :(

Members don't see this ad.

Are you viewing the PDF or the HTML version of your AMCAS? You should only look at the PDF version. If it is still like that in the PDF version, then that is what med schools will see. At worst it might make things more difficult to read, but I doubt it will affect your application cycle in any way.

AMCAS clearly states that formatting does not carry through. Did you type directly into the text boxes or did you copy/paste from Word or another rich text editor?

Are you viewing the PDF or the HTML version of your AMCAS? You should only look at the PDF version. If it is still like that in the PDF version, then that is what med schools will see. At worst it might make things more difficult to read, but I doubt it will affect your application cycle in any way.

AMCAS clearly states that formatting does not carry through. Did you type directly into the text boxes or did you copy/paste from Word or another rich text editor?

Oh I didn't even notice that there are two options at the end. I was just looking at the individual tab for work/activities. Thankfully the PDF appears just fine. Thank you so much!