AMCAS - Work Experience Description

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperMatt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so surprisingly I am having more trouble writing the descriptions for my experiences than any of the essays. I guess my major problem is not knowing what exactly I should emphasize in terms of content and how to present the information (tone). Could anyone provide any insight into the matter? Perhaps by posting examples or even reading mine and providing a critique.

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I, too, could use some assistance in this area. I spent so much time working on the personal statement, I didn't even think about what I would write for the work experience descriptions. What exactly are adcoms looking for here?

I would be happy to look at descriptions (PM me). The wisdom seems to be 2-5 sentances, describe what you did and what you got out of it. That being said, some of mine are longer because I just don't think I could do the experience justice without it, but most are within that lenght (given to me by my pre-med advisor). I finished my descriptions and am pretty happy with them, but have been really struggling with the personal statement!