Amcas

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tatabox80, Oct 23, 2002.

1. tatabox80

tatabox80 Super-Duper Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hello,
    My amcas app is "Active" and has been active for over a week. When will it go from active to the verification process? Do I have to wait until it starts the verification process to get secondaries? Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Polar girl

Polar girl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If I remember right, it's pretty much active until it's verified. Unless I missed seeing a status. Amcas will send out your name, email, and address to the schools you're applying to before you are verified. Some schools will send you info based on that. But most likely, you'll get the secondaries several weeks after being verified.

4. Jiten

Jiten Member
    7+ Year Member

I am in the same boat Tatabox80. Aug MCAT...My AMCAS application is "active" and I have gotten only 3 secondaries...hope this makes u feel a little better...although the fact is we are getting late...:(

5. tatabox80

tatabox80 Super-Duper Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I know how you feel. The only secondary I've filled out is from Cincinnati. I'm still waiting to hear from other schools...the only thing is though some schools have secondary deadlines starting in december and they screen before giving secondaries! Just hoping everything gets there in time.